Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If straw-clutching was an Olympic event you'd be our Olympic team's flag-bearer this week. Battle is a good signing and at the quoted media rates is not a ludicrous signing given the likely salary cap increases over the life of his deal.

at the risk of sounding like I only think Hawthorn make the right calls, since we arent in the rooms and on the calls with agents and other teams its simply way to easy to say they missed on this guy but they offered so much money. Never know where that is being leaked from. The one thing that seems to be consistent is that Hawthorn themselves dont leak so where else would that be coming from? My guess is either Geelong to try and make Port give up more or his agent to get more money out of it from Port. He was always going there and had been in talks with them for two years. Not saying Hawthorn didnt enquire but the reporting that they offered a lot of money only seemed to happen when the Port links seemed at their strongest late in the season.

Either way, he ended up there, Hawks didnt give the money to him that you cant get past and we as a fanbase are enjoying a fun season based a lot on recruits they did get in Chol, Ginnivan, Mass and Gunston

This is cool and all, but the reality is we don’t actually know if Rat would have been a completely different player in our system.

Bizarre that after Frost's development this year and multiple new players coming on leaps and bounds in our system this year (Mass, Chol, Ginni) that people can't begin to imagine that Esava may have been a different beast here than at Port where player stagnation is a constant.

Have been trying to think of players at other clubs that aren't in great form, have obvious upside and might excel in a young and exciting side.

Rachele seems like an obvious one.
Feel for anyone playing under Ross Lyon... Mitch Owens would be a dream.
Don’t worry, the Rough’s “cups of coffee” have ramped up consistent with the rise of the Hawks.

This is cool and all, but the reality is we don’t actually know if Rat would have been a completely different player in our system.
I don't think he would have been, reason being that Geelong are great at getting value from role players and he wasn't very good there either.

I think there was a desperation in our moves towards hunting a key defender last off-season, and I don't think it's one we'll replicate this off-season.

at the risk of sounding like I only think Hawthorn make the right calls, since we arent in the rooms and on the calls with agents and other teams its simply way to easy to say they missed on this guy but they offered so much money. Never know where that is being leaked from. The one thing that seems to be consistent is that Hawthorn themselves dont leak so where else would that be coming from? My guess is either Geelong to try and make Port give up more or his agent to get more money out of it from Port. He was always going there and had been in talks with them for two years. Not saying Hawthorn didnt enquire but the reporting that they offered a lot of money only seemed to happen when the Port links seemed at their strongest late in the season.

Either way, he ended up there, Hawks didnt give the money to him that you cant get past and we as a fanbase are enjoying a fun season based a lot on recruits they did get in Chol, Ginnivan, Mass and Gunston
We actually didn’t go hard, we simply said if you don’t want to move to SA we would make an offer. He only wanted to move to SA so that’s as far as it went according to Rob McCartney.

Sorry mate my info is the complete opposite to what you're saying.
Smith 99% to the Hawks. That's come from immediate family by the way.
I might be wrong but that would also make the immediate contact wrong as well. Just saying
I have also been told by a very close relative of Baz that he is Hawthorn bound.

It seems odd that the club has openly told everyone the 3 types of player we are after and we’ve only been linked with 2 of those types. We’re after and key back, outside mid, and key forward.

Heavily linked with Battle and Smith, which fit two of those positions.

We don’t seem to have any link or even any rumours with any key forwards, could it be there’s just none available this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, cap numbers will likely go down by 2 to assist the talent available when Tassie enter. There will be more opportunity to add state league players if injuries strike during the season.
It is reported in multiple locations that the agreement with players at the last CBA is that player salaries will climb through 2027, then when Tassie come in they arent going to crash back to here. As mentioned by you, I am guessing by down by 2 you mean down 2%? That would mean that after the pay rates increase through to 2027 it is still much more than where it is now.

It is reported that the average wage in 2027 is expected to be $519k. That is up from $441,464 last year. If my maths is correct, thats an increase over 4 years of 17.6% so even if it drops by 2% thats still an increase of 15% over 4 years and then the likelihood of a new TV deal which.

Fox Footy: "The average waged jumped by 11 per cent and under the new pay deal brokered last season, wages will leap another 5.1 per cent in 2024 and 12.6 per cent in 2025.

The total player payments will jump from $15,022,778 in 2023 to $15,788,222 this year, before rising to $17.76m in 2025, $18.29m in 2026 and $18.44m in 2027."

Fox Footy even said with projections of these numbers there could be as many as 50 players on north of $1m next year

It seems odd that the club has openly told everyone the 3 types of player we are after and we’ve only been linked with 2 of those types. We’re after and key back, outside mid, and key forward.

We don’t seem to have any link or even any rumours with any key forwards, could it be there’s just none available this year?
maybe trying to stop Essendon and Geelong to decide they want that player too like they do with everyone linked to Hawthorn?

It is reported in multiple locations that the agreement with players at the last CBA is that player salaries will climb through 2027, then when Tassie come in they arent going to crash back to here. As mentioned by you, I am guessing by down by 2 you mean down 2%? That would mean that after the pay rates increase through to 2027 it is still much more than where it is now.

It is reported that the average wage in 2027 is expected to be $519k. That is up from $441,464 last year. If my maths is correct, thats an increase over 4 years of 17.6% so even if it drops by 2% thats still an increase of 15% over 4 years and then the likelihood of a new TV deal which.

Fox Footy: "The average waged jumped by 11 per cent and under the new pay deal brokered last season, wages will leap another 5.1 per cent in 2024 and 12.6 per cent in 2025.

The total player payments will jump from $15,022,778 in 2023 to $15,788,222 this year, before rising to $17.76m in 2025, $18.29m in 2026 and $18.44m in 2027."

Fox Footy even said with projections of these numbers there could be as many as 50 players on north of $1m next year
Sorry, I meant list spots will likely be reduced by 2 players per team.

We are a very good proposition for players who are thinking about whether they are getting the best out of themselves.

I don't think he would have been, reason being that Geelong are great at getting value from role players and he wasn't very good there either.

I think there was a desperation in our moves towards hunting a key defender last off-season, and I don't think it's one we'll replicate this off-season.
And Frost was not going to get a game this year.

Who’s to say that Rat wasn’t going to be just as good as Frosty has been for us this year with how good our system is.

I am higher on Harry then most around here i think but jeez i hope we walk away from anything over 6 years.

I know it takes a lot to lure free agents these days but i think 7+ years should be reserved for a tier or two above him.

I’m sure I’m seeing Bailey Smith in a box behind me and Roughie was in there as well

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
How many cans in was this post on Saturday, Yardie ?

I am higher on Harry then most around here i think but jeez i hope we walk away from anything over 6 years.

I know it takes a lot to lure free agents these days but i think 7+ years should be reserved for a tier or two above him.
Yeah I am right here with you, I really rate Perryman and think he would help Hawthorn but thats lengthy. Would make more sense if that was on the table from Adelaide as they are mostly spoken about as being into him.

I wouldnt be against giving a 7 year deal but it needs to go to a really impactful list changer and I am not sure Perryman is that despite me rating him highly

And Frost was not going to get a game this year.

Who’s to say that Rat wasn’t going to be just as good as Frosty has been for us this year with how good our system is.
I never said that, though. Frost has always been good in my eyes.

My big thing at the start of this season that copped a bit of criticism was that to a large extent it really doesn't matter who is in the backline, and that the key battle will always be how much we can limit the ball from getting there. I think that's what has proved to be the case. Frost is a good player but, as with most players besides the absolute best, he proved less than stellar when barraged with I50s.

Offering big-ish money and a long contract to someone like Esava was to some extent born a bit out of desperation, now there's confidence in the rest of the team to not put our defenders under pressure we'll be a bit more selective with our options.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back