Autopsy 76 point Team Effort win vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

A great percentage boosting win. We were lucky that the hawks missed so many getable goals. The next few weeks will not be as easy. I hope the Wicks rift will be over and done with soon, we need him. I too noticed that the players weren’t as animated when he kicked goals, but as another poster here said that they are supposed to be professional. (And normally when stuff like this happens the WAGS stick their noses in & cause problems too) anyway moving forward let’s hope our boys just get in and go their hardest in the next few weeks til the next bye.

calling him "the general" is considerably overstating it
he got more of the ball than he has been, and didn't do anything wrong, but he did no more or less than several others
Maybe that's how his teammates and coaches refer to him and the role he plays in the team. Who knows...

If the weather prediction is right it’s going to be the survival of the best wet weather team
Perfect chance to rest Amartey and get Parker in?

Well because he's been moved out of his favoured position. Roberts has taken that.
He's now playing a bit of a piecemeal position . So can be assessed and critiqued v that.

yep, gong rules ... i also don't think lloyd is as useful as he once was
however, i don't really see a need to change a winning side so he probably stays
if there's to be a change, just because of roles, parker might come in for jordon, but it's then arguable that jordon moves to whatever role lloyd now has, and lloyd misses out ... and i don't think we'd be losing anything

but, again, i'm reluctant to change a winning side ... of course, that's also acknowledging i would certainly not have an issue with parker coming back in to take on the giants if he's right

If the weather prediction is right it’s going to be the survival of the best wet weather team. So it’s not going to be the good playing block buster we would prefer.
My weather geek is on this.
Latest models have pushed it towards Hunter and Mid north.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A great percentage boosting win. We were lucky that the hawks missed so many getable goals. The next few weeks will not be as easy. I hope the Wicks rift will be over and done with soon, we need him. I too noticed that the players weren’t as animated when he kicked goals, but as another poster here said that they are supposed to be professional. (And normally when stuff like this happens the WAGS stick their noses in & cause problems too) anyway moving forward let’s hope our boys just get in and go their hardest in the next few weeks til the next bye.
We really have no idea if there really is a rift. One poster said no one appeared to be talking to him, another one said he was laughing with others after the game. Someone on twitter says no one got around him after a goal, someone else says everyone jumped on him after a great play...
Whatever is happening, doesn't appear to be affecting him or the team, last two weeks have been brilliant.

Yeah that got an eyebrow raise out of me. But players play through niggles all the time, and it does't look like it's impacting him too much. Have to trust everything will be alright over the course of the season.... But he has been our best player this season and surely leading the Brownlow, so it would be a massive loss to lose him through injury.
I'd hope they'd give him a week or two to get the niggle cleared up. We have the depth for this very reason.

McDonald was very good today, had presence in the air. All I want to see is to contest and play like a KPF.

Should give him confidence against the Giants next week.

We still lost too many centre bounces. I was hoping that we'd crack in the midfield against a bottom 2 side.

Heeney’s post game interview was slightly troubling - mentioned his bung ankle got tweaked & will require ice.

His form has been superb this year because his ankle has been good.

Really hope it’s not a re-occurrence of the chronic ankle problem.
A someone who also has a permanently bung ankle, it seemed to me he was saying that it was just something that he's now worked out how to manage even if he cops a knock from time to time. Nothing to worry about for now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back