Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 20 - Blues v Port Fri July 26th 7:40pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 34.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Since round 12, you only have to leave Victoria twice.

And you still whinge?
u r the second porter to talk about travel and suggest whinge- my post specifically referenced number of games played within a fortnight no mention of travel - dont care about travel... - perhaps Porters are comprehension deprived?

or maybe definition of whinge is different in Portland.?

I said Recent.
Since the start of the 2020 season, Port has a 11 - 1 Win rate at Marvel
In that same period, Carlton has an 18 - 15 Record at Marvel
Not sure form beyond this current season and last season is of too much importance.
4 games for 3 wins and a loss for you guys. 14 games for 8 wins and 6 losses for us.
2 of the wins against the Saints by single digits. A 3-4 goal win against the Dogs and a loss to us.
Since our midseason form turnaround last year, we are 7-3 at Marvel.

Us being banged up is my big concern. 13 on our current injury list and 7 on yours. A number of ours are listed as test and might get up, but I don't think they'll be 100% if they do play. I'd say 6-7 of ours are best 23, with another 4 being fringe.
Walsh is also mentioned in our report, with a hip knock, but they reckon he's fine. I won't count him in until half hour before the bounce, because we have a habit of late, unannounced injuries and last minute changes.

Three of yours also listed as test, but I'm not sure how many you would consider best 23.

Since 2020, you guys have pretty much been a top 8 side (top 2 in 2020 and 2021, while we finished 11th and 13th in those years). We only finished above you once in that time (excluding this season, obviously) and that was us in 9th, compared to you in 11th. So our records over that time should be different, regardless of venue.

Anyway, hopefully it's a good game.

All I hope is that regardless of the result tonight Cripps is BOG to avoid Lachie Neale somehow becoming a 3 time Brownlow medallist.

All I hope is that regardless of the result tonight Cripps is BOG to avoid Lachie Neale somehow becoming a 3 time Brownlow medallist.
He's the only Brisbane player the umps know the name of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully no more injuries, regardless of outcome its getting closer to the pointy end and we'll need our best players on the park, Pies and Hawks encounters are gonna be tough and demanding.

Second game into a 3 games stretch in 14 days - gotta love the AFL 'FIXturing'.

Someone has to tap the shoulder of the tossers in charge bye bye Laura and whoever the thin lipped fixer's name is.

yep not confident - at all.
What does this mean?

If you play Sat, Sat, Sat, that’s 3 games in 14 days.

Did you care when Port Adelaide last year played Sun, Sat, Fri ( 3 in 12 days) followed immediately by Sun, Sat, Fri, Thu ( 4 in 18 days).

Top 4 team, at home against an interstate team in fairly poor form…. Carlton by 25 coasting to the line

Port Adelaide by 20

JHF with another 3 vote Master class
Youre Not Funny GIF by ABC Network

What does this mean?

If you play Sat, Sat, Sat, that’s 3 games in 14 days.

Did you care when Port Adelaide last year played Sun, Sat, Fri ( 3 in 12 days) followed immediately by Sun, Sat, Fri, Thu ( 4 in 18 days).

Top 4 team, at home against an interstate team in fairly poor form…. Carlton by 25 coasting to the line
Sunday arvo Friday is a 5 day squeeze M7.

and yes no team should be required to to a 5 day turn around - especially this time of the year.

but hey you do you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 20 - Blues v Port Fri July 26th 7:40pm AEST (Marvel)

Back