Changes For Round 19 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about him being responsible for 19 pts, l wouldnt blame him for the Maynard fumble and resulting goal. If we are going by stats, we can also say Murray had 80% disposal efficiency, had 5 inside 50's, had 6 score involvements, gained about 400 metres and around 13 pressure acts. I really do not get the angst against him, he suits the game style we want to play which is quick ball movement and get the ball inside F50 as quick as possible.

Me neither. Perhaps these folks prefer Mayne and Langdon's sideways/backwards dinky handpasses and chip-kicks.

Another poster put it perfectly and that is that Murray is a high risk, high reward kind of player. Sure he turns it over sometimes and it's frustrating but at-least he takes the game on and gains meters. I love the way he goes about it. His last 2 games before he got dropped he was making 1 too many mistakes though, but now he's getting another go and I thought he was really good in his return game.

Bringing in Elliot allows De Goey to spend more time in the middle. We need Elliot for finals and he has had 2 weeks develop match fitness. You could argue West Coast brought in an under done Kennedy, Darling and LeCras and we all know how that turned out.

IN: Elliot, Aish,
OUT: Greenwood, Varcoe,

Mayne does not bomb to the opposition. If sometimes that means he slows the ball down and kicks across the ground then that’s just because he is passionate about colllingwood keeping possession. A number of times yesterday that’s exactly what happened. He had no legitimate options downfield so chose the next best option.

He must never see a legitimate option downfield then.

What bad luck to always find himself in that position...

Bringing in Elliot allows De Goey to spend more time in the middle. We need Elliot for finals and he has had 2 weeks develop match fitness. You could argue West Coast brought in an under done Kennedy, Darling and LeCras and we all know how that turned out.

IN: Elliot, Aish,
OUT: Greenwood, Varcoe,
He'll probably cop four weeks at the tribunal. Sometimes I don't think he actually wants to play for the Pies and he is trying to let us know in a roundabout way.:rolleyes:

Cox - Ankle / hip / vertigo (ended up on his back on the ground under so many marking contests what was he doing?
Stephenson - Shin / corkie / windburn on his pasty skin
Moore - Hammy / bad hair awareness
Sidebottom - jaw / leather poisoning (think there was a head clash with Anderson in the 3rd quarter

Who’s in the wings if a few drop out? I suspect Cal Brown and Josh Smith will be considered. Aish Elliot and Fasolo haven’t got match fitness yet and would barely make half time against the tigers. He who shall not be named is no chance.

Is McClarty a chance if Cox and Moore both miss? We can’t go against Rance with only one tall. He will do the same number on us as McGovern did last week.

No change unless Moore is fit.

If so he comes in for Murray or Greenwood.

Elliot unlikely although he loves a big stage!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think we’re desperate enough up forward to warrant bringing in an underdone Elliott right now. WHE, Thomas and Stephenson are all doing stellar jobs this year.
Yep the fact we have four players who could all be on over 30 goals after Saturday - WHE, DeGoey, Stephenson and JT - shows how well are forwards are functioning. Even Mihocek has fitted in perfectly, and Cox the big long target.

Not sure anybody really deserves to be dropped after a 10 goal win against a finals contender.

With the performance of our side this season two things have largely been forgotten.

1. How so many of us at the start of year were looking forward to seeing what Kirby might have been able to add to our forward line.

2. How bloody good Elliott is.

Sadly the future of Kirby remains unclear but with only 5 rounds left in the H&A season the allure of selecting Elliott this week will be high.

Fasolo another forgotten talent seemingly out of favour but one who hasn't had a proper opportunity to see what he can deliver in this new improved Collingwood side.

With the performance of our side this season two things have largely been forgotten.

1. How so many of us at the start of year were looking forward to seeing what Kirby might have been able to add to our forward line.

2. How bloody good Elliott is.

Sadly the future of Kirby remains unclear but with only 5 rounds left in the H&A season the allure of selecting Elliott this week will be high.

Fasolo another forgotten talent seemingly out of favour but one who hasn't had a proper opportunity to see what he can deliver in this new improved Collingwood side.
The Age's podcast last week said Kirby will not be offered a new contract.

Just a couple of other things. First, is there any vision of the strike by Elliott? How bad was it?

Second, Aish already confirmed he wants to play/will be made to play one more VFL match before being available for AFL selection. People can stop putting him in their ins for this game.

I don’t think we’re desperate enough up forward to warrant bringing in an underdone Elliott right now. WHE, Thomas and Stephenson are all doing stellar jobs this year.
Usually I'd say we have to risk it to beat the top teams but with the way our forwardline is working I can't see the point of bringing in an underdone Elliott.

Usually I'd say we have to risk it to beat the top teams but with the way our forwardline is working I can't see the point of bringing in an underdone Elliott.
Based on the 3rd quarter I saw, highly doubt he will play, definitely needs another run or work super hard this week. I wouldn't play him.
Aish surprisingly moved well though.

Same goes for me to not bring Moore in. Not in a pressure game like this. If he broke down early we’re a man down.
I guess the flipside is that he will break down in the VFL instead. If he is going to play VFL, then hopefully his game is carefully managed. If we are to lose Cox then Moore would be a logical replacement, if available. Whether he is ready to play against Richmond is for the selectors to decide.

I’ve been impressed with Maynes ability to put himself in the hole and help with the outnumber in support of the defence.

However with ball in hand Mayne is very similar to Langdon. They both hang onto the ball so long that they invite pressure. Inevitably end up dishing that pressure off via a hospital hand pass to a team mate.

Absolutely does my head in.
Watched the game again today.
I think his teammates need to better understand him as a player.
Mayne doesn't take the risky option. He is always looking for a player going past to dish it off to. Quite often that player isn't there. Teammates need to be more aware of this and provide that option. When they do he invariably finds them.

Just scans. Moore and Cox interviewed but just said the standard things. Just a checkup.;)

Makes sense to me. A guy sneezes and tweaks their neck then they’re sent for a scan. Training attendance is the greatest indicator, IMO.

Can someone quash the Sidebottom broken jaw rumour before it ruins my week?

Sidebottom rumour. Itll be true knowing our luck. Thats just bullshit, what did we do to deserve this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back