Changes For Round 19 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to this game. I wouldn't be surprised if we win, lose or draw, but either way I think it's a much better situation than last time we played them.

Last time the pressure was on us to prove ourselves. This time it's on them to just not drop a game.

Dunn out probably won't or shouldn't hurt us as much as it would against other sides. A Howe type is probably better suited to Riewoldt than anyone.

Treloar missing is a huge one as you need a certain degree of run and carry to beat the Tigers, but otherwise I don't really see why we couldn't cause an upset here.

Wouldn't make any changes, not yet anyway. If Moore is ready, probably get him in for Daicos. If he misses this week he's going to need to come in and play Buddy the next week with limited prep.
Agree - I think it will be a win, loss or draw

Nothing shuts Richmond supporters up. We could beat them and they'll still find a way to mention that jab Treloar gave them in the press conference.
We win and it will be “Premierships aren’t won in July. Won’t beat us when it counts”. “Pies have injuries”.

Triple M are still tweeting about it as we speak, but Sam McClure said he thinks Sidebottom will play. Who to believe?
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-23/not-sidelined-magpie-clear-after-head-clash
There was suggestion on Monday morning the in-form midfielder would be in danger of missing up to a month if he was diagnosed with a crack in his jaw that required surgery.
However, the club confirmed to AFL.com.au he had been cleared of any fracture and was expected to take his place in the team this week to face the Tigers.

Cmon guys you can win this game, maybe you can shut some of those arrogant Richmond supporters up. Degoey to kick a bag

With or without Nic Nat, you guys have been the best we've played against all year. Don't worry too much about Richmond, they're over-confident but can be beaten.

Their fall from grace will be spectacular.

Sure things:
- Richmond fans booing Treloar despite three years having passed AND they've won a flag
- It's Grundy.

Changes:
- Mayne & Maynard OUT
- Elliott & Aish IN. Reshuffle as required.

I think we have enough players that apply pressure Greenwood isn't really needed there. We need class players who can stand up against the pressure instead of players who give them the ball back.

Its not class that will prevent us giving the ball to Richmond, its if we blindly kick the ball inside F50 that will cause us problems. We need to look for options, and even if that means chipping the ball around to find options. Richmond start all their offense from their D50, and they are able to do that because teams usually bomb the ball inside 50 against them which you cannot do with Rance, Vlaustin, Grimes, Astbury etc as all that does is give the ball back to them. Only time we should get it in long and high is if Cox is one out v Rance, or one of their other defenders.

Cmon guys you can win this game, maybe you can shut some of those arrogant Richmond supporters up. Degoey to kick a bag
Happy to help give the Eagles top spot. If that eventuates hopefully we beat rich in the QF and you guys do likewise in the PF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't think that Greenwoods relentless tackling and hardness at the ball serves no purpose in our team?
Against Richmond we will need pressure players, and Greenwood is one of them.
Agree...there is no way Greenwood will be dropped.
Doubtful that Elliott, Aish or Fasolo are AFL ready (especially against a relentless pressure side like Richmond).
Only possible change is Moore (although I suspect he is doubtful).
If Moore does get up...either Murray or Daics out.
Murray...Varcoe can go back.
Daics...would be very unlucky, should be rewarded with his better game last Saturday

Great news if Sidey is fit. Midfield depth already tested. Need our best players to have a chance against top sides.

Changes:
Would be happy going in unchanged. Moore will probably be included in the lineup for someone though. Maybe Murray?

Agree...there is no way Greenwood will be dropped.
Doubtful that Elliott, Aish or Fasolo are AFL ready (especially against a relentless pressure side like Richmond).
Only possible change is Moore (although I suspect he is doubtful).
If Moore does get up...either Murray or Daics out.
Murray...Varcoe can go back.
Daics...would be very unlucky, should be rewarded with his better game last Saturday
Daics was good last week and will be a player, but I think Murray is better suited to a clash with the tigers. He is explosive and strong in his core and takes the game on head on.. Daics is more of a finisher -icing on the cake player.

Daics was good last week and will be a player, but I think Murray is better suited to a clash with the tigers. He is explosive and strong in his core and takes the game on head on.. Daics is more of a finisher -icing on the cake player.

Richmond won the flag last year partly because of young finishing icing on the cake players.

Leave them both in. Varcoe is the one we dont need (if Moore is fit)

Darcy said he will be fine this morning, gotta trust him.

IN: Moore, Elliot, Aish
OUT: Daicos, Varcoe, Mayne

Yes I know it is alot, I have been struggling all morning with the Daicos situation. He would be incredibly stiff, however, I think we need to start looking forward to September, and that means getting games into the players we will need.

The three ins are still all much more important to our finals chances than Daicos. If it was earlier in the year I'd say 100% keep him in.

Gotta stay focused on the bigger picture. Aish is still a better player.

Daicos definitely comes out this week. Against a much better opponent we need maturity and bigger bodies. He's coming along but needs to make way for experience here imo

Richmond won the flag last year partly because of young finishing icing on the cake players.

Leave them both in. Varcoe is the one we dont need (if Moore is fit)
Richmond's finishers all have explosive pace and the ability to win the pill in fierce heat. Daics is not quick or particularly strong so can't be compared to Butler, Short, Constagna, Broad, Lambert or Higgins.
Varcoe is exactly the type of player we need against Richmond. Aggressive, quick, explodes out of contests and a fierce competitor.

Murray stays. At the first bounce want to see him run of the square and do a 1980's shirtfront on Dusty Martin knock him into next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back