Changes For Round 19 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it is Elliott's time to return, it'll be interesting to see which way they go with regards to replacing him.

You could easily take out a Daicos, a Mayne, a Varcoe or a Greenwood, but most of them wouldn't necessarily be a straight swap for a predominantly forward type such as Elliott.

Anyway, I doubt it happens this week. Optimistic for the next fortnight.

Daicos definitely comes out this week. Against a much better opponent we need maturity and bigger bodies. He's coming along but needs to make way for experience here imo
You may be right...
That’s it...either no change or Moore in for Daics...
Lock it in.

I just wish Dusty would do a hammy to allow other players at Richmond to thrive. ;)
Doesn’t need to do a hammy just go visit his dad on extended leave

When it is Elliott's time to return, it'll be interesting to see which way they go with regards to replacing him.

You could easily take out a Daicos, a Mayne, a Varcoe or a Greenwood, but most of them wouldn't necessarily be a straight swap for a predominantly forward type such as Elliott.

Anyway, I doubt it happens this week. Optimistic for the next fortnight.
I don’t want to see Billy flying for every Mark & spoiling WHE or Mihocek...
We have a great balance in the forward line at the moment...the challenge is to improve the existing set up not to disturb or just replicate...

Richmond's finishers all have explosive pace and the ability to win the pill in fierce heat. Daics is not quick or particularly strong so can't be compared to Butler, Short, Constagna, Broad, Lambert or Higgins.
Varcoe is exactly the type of player we need against Richmond. Aggressive, quick, explodes out of contests and a fierce competitor.

Varcoe doesnt do any of that any more.

Aish had clearly found his way before the injury - Mayne has been a feel-good story, but Aish offers more when ready.

Yep, Mayne is likely the safer option of the 2 but Aish the more offensively minded. Not sure that I'd be rushing him back though despite our need to take the game on to match the Tigas.

Collingwood

B. T Langdon ~ D Moore ~ B Maynard
HB. J Howe ~ M Scharenberg ~ J Crisp
C. T Phillips ~ S Sidebottom ~ C Mayne
HF. J De Goey ~ B Mihocek ~ J Stephenson
F. W Hoskin-Elliott ~ M Cox ~ J Thomas
R. B Grundy ~ S Pendlebury (c) ~ T Adams
I. B Sier ~ J Daicos ~ L Greenwood ~ S Murray

E. C Brown, B Crocker, S McLarty, T Varcoe

In: D Moore
Out: T Varcoe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, Mayne is likely the safer option of the 2 but Aish the more offensively minded. Not sure that I'd be rushing him back though despite our need to take the game on to match the Tigas.
Mayne/Aish is a really interesting discussion. Aish has skills but Mayne has done nothing wrong since his inclusion.

I think there is probably room for both...but don't ask me 'at who's expense' because that is where it really gets difficult

Watch the replay, I just did and he stays.

My only concern was that Stepho really needs better fitting undies.
I’m all for letting him keep fiddling.

Works for him.

Makes him happy.

Results are fantastic.

Keep same sized under clothes

Mayne/Aish is a really interesting discussion. Aish has skills but Mayne has done nothing wrong since his inclusion.

I think there is probably room for both...but don't ask me 'at who's expense' because that is where it really gets difficult
I think Bucks will continue with his absolute faith in the existing 22...they currently own it...you have to stand up & take it away from them...
You have to make a case now...not just on historical performances.
Only expect forced changes or max 1 change per week...will not see 3-4 changes (not this year)

Id keep the team as is, need to look further down the track and give Moore another week and Elliott another week as well

Noticed a number of times on Saturday that Mayne knew he didn't have the leg speed to break away from a chasing opponent. He doubled back to avoid being tackled and moved the ball on sideways or even backwards. He didn't make any errors, but we lost the fast break momentum on a couple of occasions. Although he has generally been reliable since he has come into the side, I feel he is the one to go out when Aish is ready to go.

Ideally I'd like to see Aish replace Mayne (not necessarily this week as I think Aish likely needs more VFL time) but Phillips is currently the one that needs to lift or risk getting squeezed by Aish for a spot on the wing. Been very hot & cold since the Dockers game, maybe the Carlton game the exception.

Ideally I'd like to see Aish replace Mayne (not necessarily this week as I think Aish likely needs more VFL time) but Phillips is currently the one that needs to lift or risk getting squeezed by Aish for a spot on the wing. Been very hot & cold since the Dockers game, maybe the Carlton game the exception.
Phillips gut running...big tank...in fast & furious finals campaign is a big plus for him.
Although, agree he must have an impact every week, with disposals, goal assists & hit scoreboard consistently.

Noticed a number of times on Saturday that Mayne knew he didn't have the leg speed to break away from a chasing opponent. He doubled back to avoid being tackled and moved the ball on sideways or even backwards. He didn't make any errors, but we lost the fast break momentum on a couple of occasions. Although he has generally been reliable since he has come into the side, I feel he is the one to go out when Aish is ready to go.
I agree with you, lost leg speed, and kicks don't have any distance in them.

On two occasions, against North he had the ball and options but took too long fortunately in one it resulted in a free kick to us downfield after he released the ball and on another occasion despite have a clear option to pass off to Langdon, tried to kick long which resulted in a turnover.

Our game heavily relies in speed of hand or foot and he often stops momentum, something Langdon also does but at least he is also responsible for an opponent.

He has served a purpose but is not the answer on the wing going forward, has reached his ceiling.

I think as we get players back it won't be enough not to get much wrong. Players like Mayne & Greenwood will need to influence the game rather than fill a spot and be safe. Elliott, Moore, Aish (to a lesser extent) improve the team, Mayne & Greenwood support the team to play at a certain level.

Elliott's inclusion is huge for us. Brings his own skill set but also allows DeGoey some extra minutes in the midfield while we wait for Treloar to hopefully get back.

Moore is a must inclusion as we need him to get as many games as he can playing together with the other defenders. We need another tall in defence.

I agree it is difficult but players that are a must for us and can improve us need to come in, even if players currently in the side are doing 'okay'. Fingers crossed regards injuries but there will be unlucky players from a group that includes Mayne, Greenwood, Murray, Daicos etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back