List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Culley can't get it because he keeps being played out of position in the seniors.

Give him a proper run on ball and see what he's capable of. If he's not up to it, then fine, but at least give him a proper run. We have nothing to lose.
Culley played exclusively in the guts vs roos and we couldn't win a clearance then they swapped him with ryan .

He played a fair bit of midfield today jus5 not many centre bounces .

He is just too slow on the spread in centre bounces at afl level

Culley played exclusively in the guts vs roos and we couldn't win a clearance then they swapped him with ryan .

He played a fair bit of midfield today jus5 not many centre bounces .

He is just too slow on the spread in centre bounces at afl level

Yeah but that game had nearly our entire midfield out and he was basically the main man.

Pretty harsh to judge a bloke coming in for his first run off an ACL, then playing as one of our main mids.

Needs an extended run to assess properly.

That's a strange take considering every team gets the same advantage
Might be a case of bad timing.

I agree, if we have a large haul the year we ask for the assistance, it’s less likely. Can’t see us getting assistance if those 3 players next year come on and are in rd1 and 2 calculations. Even with the more accurate DVI in place.

Reckon there needs to be a proper clearout. I would trade BWilliams, Cole and Petruccelle, even if all I’m getting is a third or fourth rounder. The draft is rumoured to be a bit deeper this year. If Waterman can net us a pick in the teens, I’d take it. I’d consider Barrass but not necessarily go through with it.

Then there’s the favourite part of any coach’s job: the cut.

homer simpson episode 6 GIF

Is our rebuild going to be saved by getting 3 first rounders for scrap picks next year? :hearteyes:
We won’t be so lucky as some, even if they turn out to be 1st rounders. Those days are gone. Sounds like we might even have to pay full price for Champion this year if someone goes ‘early’ on him.

Alright which one do we do
Trade pick 3 for 8 and 10
Or
trade pick 3 for 6 and 12
And also trade bw tom Cole and anyone else for draft capital

Alright which one do we do
Trade pick 3 for 8 and 10
Or
trade pick 3 for 6 and 12
And also trade bw tom Cole and anyone else for draft capital
We need the least riskiest mid. The least riskiest mid pick is around 1-3.

We are in no position to not draft a mid that may or may not make it. We need certainties. We can't split. As much as Tobie is the least riskiest Backman sadly

We need the least riskiest mid. The least riskiest mid pick is around 1-3.

We are in no position to not draft a mid that may or may not make it. We need certainties. We can't split. As much as Tobie is the least riskiest Backman sadly
So what are we gonna do to get more picks split our 2nd rounder for 2 late 2nd rounder s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After a performance like this and everything it reflects about our culture and lack of leadership, everything should be on the table.

Ryan is the guy I’d be shopping around - I like what I’ve seen of him in the midfield lately but he’s not irreplaceable and he would surely have currency. We cannot afford to just skirt around the edges and try and offload C-graders who likely wouldn’t even get a game in most other teams

There's no point in trading out players like Cole for a third or fourth rounder when we have about 10 potatoes that are uncontracted.
+1

Cole is in the next group of potential cuts, not the first group. We're looking at players like Baker to fill holes in Cole's age bracket because a team of 19-22 years olds are going to be crucified each week (see: GWS 2012).

After a performance like this and everything it reflects about our culture and lack of leadership, everything should be on the table.

Ryan is the guy I’d be shopping around - I like what I’ve seen of him in the midfield lately but he’s not irreplaceable and he would surely have currency. We cannot afford to just skirt around the edges and try and offload C-graders who likely wouldn’t even get a game in most other teams
I'd shop Ryan. He's a very good player but is an 'icing on the cake' type of player. If we can get something for him, we should try.

What if we were to trade our F1 into this year for 2 first rounders, trade out 1 of BW/petch for a 3rd round pick, get band 5 compo for Rotham and trade out Waterman for a first rounder.

This would leave us with 4 first round picks(including a top 3), a 2nd rounder, 2 3rd rounders, and 1 4th rounder.

Do we take all 8 picks to the draft?

Maybe we trade a 3rd rounder for Garcia. 7 picks left.
Maybe offer a F4 for that brissy bloke (still 7 picks)
Hopefully Champion makes it through so we can use our 4th rounder to match

7 kids + however many new rookies

We could dump a heap of players, but we would be incredibly young come next year, not that far off a startup team.
Others have listed the players we could dump, im not gonna list who it should be.
Might be too young, but would remove so many of the spuds from the list.

The WAFL squad might struggle a bit is the downside.
If we can afford to keep Darling and Sheed in there for another year theyll be big for the beagles.

With 3 likely half decent kids next year we can probably afford to go hard this year

Ryan would appeal to Freo and GCS. We’d have to pay full wage and Ryan get a 200k/year top up from the other club. Davies or Knobel coming back and 1R pick swaps.

Getting him to leave WA would be a hard sell.

Holy ****.

If he can get 31 possesion against men he will get 31 possesion against afl players.

Jesus christ. Thats better then Sid Sanfl count. He has leaped frogged Josh Smillie. He turning to a viable pick for us.

My rankings-
1. Sid draper
2. FOS
3. Jagga
4. Lalor

If Jagga continues this form then questions marks are going to be placed on FOS. FOS was dubbbed as an accumulator with elite ball use. But if FOS doesn't show his accumation abilities some more then he's not work it for just only his elite ball use.

I'm seriously praising the Lord that Jagga has shown he can do it against men
If he can get 31 possesion against men he will get 31 possesion against afl players.
If you say so

Pop Tv Idk GIF by Schitt's Creek

Jesus christ. Thats better then Sid Sanfl count. He has leaped frogged Josh Smillie. He turning to a viable pick for us.
He has always been a viable pick for us.

If Jagga continues this form then questions marks are going to be placed on FOS. FOS was dubbbed as an accumulator with elite ball use. But if FOS doesn't show his accumation abilities some more then he's not work it for just only his elite ball use.
Why would Jagga’s form place question marks on FOS? Surely the form of FOS places a question mark over FOS

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Finally don’t judge the kids purely on possession counts. Like I said Jagga has never had an issue getting his hands on the ball it’s his greatest strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back