AFL Toast R14: Win against the Saints!

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like I missed a good game. Might watch the replay.

St Kilda vs Essendon has to be the most unpredictable match up in the competition. It's almost always such a bizarre match. 15.17? I'm interested to see what worked well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been out drinking so I'm a bit late to the party. Apologies for any miscalculations.

I believe this equals the number of wins vs top 8 sides compared to last year.

I've been critical of Ham but he looked good tonight taking some key marks. I had honestly given up, but maybe the jury is still out.

I've been out drinking so I'm a bit late to the party. Apologies for any miscalculations.

I believe this equals the number of wins vs top 8 sides compared to last year.

I've been critical of Ham but he looked good tonight taking some key marks. I had honestly given up, but maybe the jury is still out.
If they still make it.

Good;

• Mason Redman - Best game for the club. Looks so calm and assured with footy in hand.
  • Peter Wright - Was almost getting to opening the conversation for 2MP needing a spell but came back to form with a aplomb tonight. 4 goals was rich reward for the hard work he puts in.
  • Nick Hind - Had been another who was down on form, came back sensationally tonight. Game high metres gained (571m)
  • Caldwell, Shiel, Hobbs, Perkins now. Building that much needed depth in the midfield group with tenacity.
  • Sam Draper - I've been his biggest critic but his biggest fan. If he can do tonight's effort more consistently, we'll have one hell of a player.
  • Deffense - Bloody brilliant back there. So King centric and they stood tall. Laverde/Ridley did a job on King/Marshall/Membrey. Mcgrath could be the new general back. there (post Hep) such is his effect on the group imho.

The bad;

*see below

The Ugly;
* Commentary. Max King, bah, blah, blah
*The umpiring after half time was down right pathetic
  • goal kicking was again a bit lack lustre and below .500 again.
  • Flopping small forwards - Jack Higgins ability to lunge forward in search of a push in the back.
  • call back on the radio on the drive home. All about how shit St.Kilda were. Very little about how well we played. FFS GET AROUND US

Good;

• Mason Redman - Best game for the club. Looks so calm and assured with footy in hand.
  • Peter Wright - Was almost getting to opening the conversation for 2MP needing a spell but came back to form with a aplomb tonight. 4 goals was rich reward for the hard work he puts in.
  • Nick Hind - Had been another who was down on form, came back sensationally tonight. Game high metres gained (571m)
  • Caldwell, Shiel, Hobbs, Perkins now. Building that much needed depth in the midfield group with tenacity.
  • Sam Draper - I've been his biggest critic but his biggest fan. If he can do tonight's effort more consistently, we'll have one hell of a player.
  • Deffense - Bloody brilliant back there. So King centric and they stood tall. Laverde/Ridley did a job on King/Marshall/Membrey. Mcgrath could be the new general back. there (post Hep) such is his effect on the group imho.

The bad;

*see below

The Ugly;
* Commentary. Max King, bah, blah, blah
*The umpiring after half time was down right pathetic
  • goal kicking was again a bit lack lustre and below .500 again.
  • Flopping small forwards - Jack Higgins ability to lunge forward in search of a push in the back.
  • call back on the radio on the drive home. All about how s**t St.Kilda were. Very little about how well we played. FFS GET AROUND US
Never been sold on max king.
Ben's a gun. Max gets under the ball and relies on long arms and frees. Poor kick too.

For all the fapping on the box, ill take the wright and jones combo thanks

Great win. Enjoying the replay after watching it live at a bar and a little tipsy.

Brayden Ham is still not an AFL footballer though

I only saw from half way in the 3rd quarter onward so it would be interesting what other posters thought about our midfield without Parish - did it work better?

First time I have seen Wright hit packs hard even if he wasn't going to mark. I don't think I have seen a better set shot for the 198cm + range - gun barrel.

D'Ambrosio did a nice longer range handball - noticed this in one of his highlights packages, opens things up.

Martin has a Jim like feature - at times can do things before others have realised its happened. Quick of mind, hand and foot.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Toast R14: Win against the Saints!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back