Preview R20: Changes vs. Hawthorn

Will Daniel Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cant believe there's talk we wont bring in Curtin. I Just really can't believe it.

This is almost the PERFECT game to bring him in, regardless of how he performs - he gets another senior game under his belt at home against a youngish oppo team, builds some confidence and starts to work out what he needs to do over summer to go to the next level.

Seriously - there is absolutely nothing to lose by playing him. Nothing.

**** sake Nicks.
Nicks is fearful that he will play too well and he won't be able to drop him.

I gave up around round 3.
Round 4 for me... but yeah, our season was cooked in the 1st month.

Just caught Nicks saying we are a 0.6% chance of finals & he won't give up on making finals.

FFS Nicks, your priority is preparing for next season, which means giving our best young talent games... as we will not be making the finals.

Stoked for Fog to be captain - seems hes overtaken our 3 vice captains? He was also the one alongside Daws announcing Cook and Sholl’s contract extensions from memory

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Do we have 3 vice captains?

Just glad we haven't given the captaincy to either Murphy or ROB.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finals were gone around round 6.
Round 4, Nicks ****ed our season by ****ing with the game plan that saw us go from the highest scoring team last year to a Ross Lyon-esque borefest.

Re: Murphy, would he get a game with any other club? I'm not convinced he would even front up for Richmond, West Coast or North yet Nicks has him in the starting 18.

I actually don't mind Jones being named on field as a back pocket. Haven't we been crying out for years to try him in that position?

Curtin must play a full game. Other than that I don't mind the changes, Murphy still playing is to be expected. I don't know how or why but he'll continue playing as long as nicks is coach

Round 4 for me... but yeah, our season was cooked in the 1st month.

Just caught Nicks saying we are a 0.6% chance of finals & he won't give up on making finals.

FFS Nicks, your priority is preparing for next season, which means giving our best young talent games... as we will not be making the finals.
I think he’s slowly realising it’s one and the same thing re playing young talent and winning games

Smith out this week would be a decent further step

I think he’s slowly realising it’s one and the same thing re playing young talent and winning games

Smith out this week would be a decent further step
It's been sloth pace... brought on more by injury than choice

Nicks is a really slow learner as he is just not that bright.

I actually don't mind Jones being named on field as a back pocket. Haven't we been crying out for years to try him in that position?

Curtin must play a full game. Other than that I don't mind the changes, Murphy still playing is to be expected. I don't know how or why but he'll continue playing as long as nicks is coach
Hopefully not after the 2024 draft
Absolutely brilliant call to make Fog Captain this weekend
Yep it had to be keays or Fog . Fog is an inspired choice though

Nicks is fearful that he will play too well and he won't be able to drop him.

Literally searching for any reason NOT to play our top draft pick when we traded up to get him and are 14th on the ladder going into round 20...

I'm just lost for words... What the actual **** is going on this year...

What does Murphy have to do to get dropped?
He hasn't even been able to train properly this week & he is still named!

Nix & Co are taking the piss now... now responsible for our worst ever 100 game player.

Fully prepared for McHenry to come in and take Keays’ spot in the forward line as Keays is replacing Dawson in the midfield.

Can’t bring in Curtin and risk being too inexperienced around the ball

He hasn't even been able to train properly this week & he is still named!

Nix & Co are taking the piss now... now responsible for our worst ever 100 game player.
He'll be a 250 game player by the time he's done.

We love our battlers, more than any other club.

He'll be a 250 game player by the time he's done.

We love our battlers, more than any other club.
That will be one way of reducing our membership below Port levels...

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R20: Changes vs. Hawthorn

Back