RICHMOND V GEELONG CATS, AFL Rd 20, 2018 - 3/8 19:50 AEST - Squiggle says Richmond 73%

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh **** off

I've got multiple work colleagues that spent the 7 years that i knew them prior to 2017 without saying a word about football, not one. 2017 comes along and now they can't wait to tell you about the Tigers win week in week out and how they are unstoppable this year. Most fairweather fan base i've ever come across

If you think that Richmond supporters aren't shoving their success down everyones throat you're living on a fantasy planet. I took issue (obviously) with Hawthorn supporters, but they don't come close to Richmond supporters this year, even after winning 3 in a row
It's very tempting because most of you Geelong supporters are such appallingly sore losers and bad sports. If I were working in your office and wasn't a Richmond supporter or didn't even follow football, I'd tell you I was, just to enjoy your sour hissy fits and tantrums :thumbsu:
You do realise that everyone at your workplace is pointing and laughing at you behind your back don't you?

Oh **** off

I've got multiple work colleagues that spent the 7 years that i knew them prior to 2017 without saying a word about football, not one. 2017 comes along and now they can't wait to tell you about the Tigers win week in week out and how they are unstoppable this year. Most fairweather fan base i've ever come across

If you think that Richmond supporters aren't shoving their success down everyones throat you're living on a fantasy planet. I took issue (obviously) with Hawthorn supporters, but they don't come close to Richmond supporters this year, even after winning 3 in a row
Well, now you know how we've felt with all the rest of the competition having bragging rights over us for the last 37 years! It's our time now!! Suck it up sweet heart! :tearsofjoy:

To you at least I made no comment about tonights game. My comment was with respect to how Richmond supporters are carrying themselves after experiencing some success...
jeez you Geelong supporters are the biggest pack of wingers ever. Like in the entire history of Australian sport.
I've never in my life experienced such poor losers after your qualifying finals loss. Then when Richmond fans dare celebrate their clubs victories, you get even more salty. It's just pathetic. You're pathetic. So pea hearted. No wonder we tease you and stir you precious pack of entitled softies.

Lol we were nowhere near as bad as this not one bit

Almost as bad as the freo supporters whinging and carrying on at KP after winning he final down there

I still remeber seeing a freo poster saying he will be throwing tissues around after the siren if freo won, I even saw it from the freo cheer squad after the game

So much arogrance
Can you name a supporter base that has been more winey and entitled than Geelong supporters after their Qualifying final loss? Then you project your saltiness onto Richmond supporters who have been nothing but gracious in inviting one and all aboard the train.
It's like you expect and demand that the AFL deliver your club success without your club having to work for it and earn it (maybe you're subconsciously admitting that's what happened previously with Dank and Robinson delivering your club premierships). Just because your parents have obviously bought you up to believe that you are entitled and that the world owes you, doesn't make it so. Stop blaming Richmond supporters because you're soft and spoiled and feel entitled.

2 teams have won 7 of the last 11 Premierships.

Hawthorn and Geelong.

3 teams have won 10 of the last 17 Premierships.

Brisbane, Hawthorn and Geelong.

4 teams have won 12 of the last 17 Premierships.

Brisbane, Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney.

Not one of those teams is spelled Richmond.
Starting to become ancient history now and obviously not relevant to the modern game which has progressed considerably. But of those teams, which one employed Robinson, who credited Dank with playing a major role in it's premierships? And which clubs weren't strong enough to go back to back, let alone threepeat?

If you think we were at our best night you're seriously deluded. Maybe for 20 out of the 120 minutes we were, but most of the night we were bog ordinary.
For almost 2 years now, every team Richmond has defeated has apparently played a very ordinary game. Notice a pattern there? Think there might be a reason? No? O.K. :rolleyes:

Something all Richmond fans are obviously hoping for, because after last night, they all know deep, deep down that if Geelong got their shit together for more than 20 minutes the next time we meet the result will obviously be a lot different.
That's something I don't actually know deep down. Sounds more like you're just being a bad sport and a very sore loser. A common trait it seems amongst Geelong supporters.
I hope Richmond play Geelong in the finals. I don't see them as a threat.

Yeah, maybe. But your three wins from a fixed fixture don't equal our decade of dominance over you guys. They don't even equal any string of three wins we had over you in that time, and never will.

If you are happy with knowing that you needed the AFL to help you change that long term trend, that is fine. I guess when you are desperate for some success you will take any scrap thrown your way. :oops:
When it comes to playing Geelong, Richmond have a 100+ year history of winning the games the matter :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Can you name a supporter base that has been more winey and entitled than Geelong supporters after their Qualifying final loss? Then you project your saltiness onto Richmond supporters who have been nothing but gracious in inviting one and all aboard the train.
It's like you expect and demand that the AFL deliver your club success without your club having to work for it and earn it (maybe you're subconsciously admitting that's what happened previously with Dank and Robinson delivering your club premierships). Just because your parents have obviously bought you up to believe that you are entitled and that the world owes you, doesn't make it so. Stop blaming Richmond supporters because you're soft and spoiled and feel entitled.
What a load of bullshit, and proves my point exactly

Very immature

Should be easy then.
Name a supporter base more salty than Geelong supporters after their Qualifying final loss?

I’m not going to bother engaging with your poor attempts at trolling, but I will bookmark your comments for future references for later in the year.

Take a long hard look at yourself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not going to bother engaging with your poor attempts at trolling,
Yeah. Didn't think you could.
You guys are infamous Australia wide. Before heading over to Vic for the game Crows and Port supporters were warning me about Geelong supporters. I would have thought they'd barely be aware of Geelong's existence, but there were stories of people being spat on at Kardinia Park. Children being threatened and cars being vandalised. Then when Geelong gets booed at the MCG by Richmond supporters, you lot completely fall to pieces in an orgy of bad sportsmanship and poor losing.
I reminded them that the game is at the G and that Geelong supporters don't tend to threaten little children unless they vastly outnumber their opposition. You lot are very brave that way.

but I will bookmark your comments for future references for later in the year.

Take a long hard look at yourself
Your obsession with and loathing of me is noted :thumbsu:

Last edited:
You guys are infamous Australia wide. Before heading over to Vic for the game Crows and Port supporters were warning me about Geelong supporters. I would have thought they'd barely be aware of Geelong's existence, but there were stories of people being spat on at Kardinia Park. Children being threatened and cars being vandalised. Then when Geelong gets booed at the MCG by Richmond supporters, you lot completely fall to pieces in an orgy of bad sportsmanship and poor losing.
I reminded them that the game is at the G and that Geelong supporters don't tend to threaten little children unless they vastly outnumber their opposition. You lot are very brave that way.

So when you get upset and all melty because people like me give you the impression that we feel superior to people like you, just remember, we do because we are.

Grow up seriously

Do us a favour matey - if this is your attitude - stay in Sth Australia.
Watch your beloved Tigers on the telly.
If you write garbage like this it would be better for all concerned if you don't attend games.
Every team unfortunately has its idiot supporters who can't keep their emotions in check and incite opposition supporters of a similar ilk and level of maturity.
I suspect you may be one of them if you are capable of writing this.
Your post is disgusting and completely over the top.
It's only a game.
Seriously - grow up.

As for the Geelong v Richmond game - it was a great game of footy, Geelong had their chances to win but didn't take their opportunities.
A good win by Richmond - they had significant injuries and missed players such as Prestia and Houli (who are underrated).
Well played by both teams.

Mates of mine (supporters of both sides) attended the game, sat together and had an enjoyable time but were disgusted by the actions by a small band of Richmond supporters and two idiotic Geelong Supporters who spent time goading each other until a fight broke out.
Mates who supported both teams had to protect a Geelong supporter who was caught inadvertantly in the middle from being set upon by the Tiger supporters. They also provided statements to the police about both the Tiger and Cat idiots involved.

We have a unique code where fans of both sides are able to sit together and share the experience of watching our great game in peace.
Goading by you is similar to that that occurred between these idiots. If you can't be civil typing on BF, I certainly wouldn't want to see you in action spectating a game.

Banter is one thing, so long as it stays good natured.
You don't seem to appreciate where the fine line between banter and abuse starts and ends.

Last edited:
Do us a favour matey - if this is your attitude - stay in Sth Australia.
Watch your beloved Tigers on the telly.
If you write garbage like this it would be better for all concerned if you don't attend games.
Every team unfortunately has its idiot supporters who can't keep their emotions in check and incite opposition supporters of a similar ilk and level of maturity.
I suspect you may be one of them if you are capable of writing this.
Your post is disgusting and completely over the top.
It's only a game.
Seriously - grow up.
Just relaying stories I've heard about behaviour at the footy. But if you want to live in some fantasy world, good for you. You obviously feel that this sort of behaviour should be swept under the carpet. I disagree. Especially when those falsely accusing Richmond supporters of being bad sports have fellow supporters capable of some appalling behaviour.
But I agree with one aspect. These threads should be about the footy, not salty poor losers constantly accusing the victors of unsubstantiated bad sportsmanship and then throwing the toys out of the cot when said victors dare to defend their fellow supporters.

Just relaying stories I've heard about behaviour at the footy. But if you want to live in some fantasy world, good for you. You obviously feel that this sort of behaviour should be swept under the carpet. I disagree. Especially when those falsely accusing Richmond supporters of being bad sports have fellow supporters capable of some appalling behaviour.
But I agree with one aspect. These threads should be about the footy, not salty poor losers constantly accusing the victors of unsubstantiated bad sportsmanship and then throwing the toys out of the cot when said victors dare to defend their fellow supporters.
Sorry, I was amending my post as I was interrupted and hadn't completed my comments.
Please read them and show some courtesy to others.
Tit - for - Tat, sticks and stones - grow up.

Last edited:
Sorry, I was amending my post as I was interrupted and hadn't completed my comments.
Please read them and show some courtesy to others.
Tit - for - Tat, sticks and stones - grow up.
So you're saying that Richmond supporters can be falsely accused of being bad sports, but if they dare defend themselves it's tit for tat, grow up etc.
Sounds like you're just angry, and should perhaps heed your own advice.

So you're saying that Richmond supporters can be falsely accused of being bad sports, but if they dare defend themselves it's tit for tat, grow up etc.
Sounds like you're just angry, and perhaps should heed your own advice.
Where did you get that from?
Geez matey, your comprehension skills need improving.

Where did you get that from?
Geez matey, your comprehension skills need improving.
Trying to understand.
You're saying Richmond supporters are bad winners is banter. Then responding with: 'No we're not and there are plenty of examples of opposition supporter bad behaviour.' is goading and abuse?
Again, I don't remember an example of more bitter losers than after the Geelong v Richmond Qualifying final. For their supporters to accuse Richmond supporters of bad sportsmanship is a bit rich in my opinion. Although I do understand that you only want to hear one side, and any mention of the other seems to cause you great offence. Perhaps you're still sore about last week?

Trying to understand.
You're saying Richmond supporters are bad winner is banter. Then responding with: 'No we're not and there are plenty of examples of opposition supporter bad behaviour.' is goading and abuse?
Again, I don't remember an example of more bitter losers than after the Geelong v Richmond Qualifying final. For their supporters to accuse Richmond supporters of bad sportsmanship is a bit rich in my opinion. Although I do understand that you only want to hear one side, and any mention of the other seems to cause you great offence. Perhaps you're still sore about last week?

See, now you are trying to goad me too!
What a laugh - pathetic..:D
It's only a game...yes...really!o_O

Sticks and stones...

Oh..and as a Collingwood supporter who has witnessed several losing GF in the years of the dreaded "Colliwobbles", I think I may have seen a few more bitter supporters than you describe.;)

Your supporters are worse than mine...No yours are worse than mine...you live in a fantasy world...Richmond supporters aren't bad sports oh but Geelong supporters are the the most bitter losers....:rolleyes: Seriously - listen to yourself....do you ever read what you write?....how childish

This is the sort of commentary that you start to hear more and more at games these days - right before a few boozed up, ill tempered or immature idiots take it too far and start fighting and resorting to violence.

Seriously if this is what you write and this is how you respond...please stay home.
It is this sort of immature juvenile tribalism, and those dumb individuals that goad opposition cheersquads and their hardcore supporters that has started to become more and more prevalent from supporters of ALL clubs - and no, I am not restricting it to one side - that's your hangup not mine....(putting words in my mouth again).

My friends daughter was traumatised recently at a game by fighting in the crowd - (and before you jump in -not Richmond, Collingwood or Geelong BTW) not fantasy matey. She is reluctant to go to the footy now.

There was even ridiculous talk recently of segregation of supporters at games or having fenced off zones at the ground where only one supporter group can sit.
Please. Think. Do you really want to see the AFL go down that path?
Your attitude is poor - I hope you're not being serious.

Mates of mine (supporters of both sides) attended the game, sat together and had an enjoyable time but were disgusted by the actions by a small band of Richmond supporters and two idiotic Geelong Supporters who spent time goading each other until a fight broke out.
Mates who supported both teams had to protect a Geelong supporter who was caught inadvertantly in the middle from being set upon by the Tiger supporters. They also provided statements to the police about both the Tiger and Cat idiots involved.
I was there and from memory it was a bloke in a collingwood jumper that was the instigator.

Remove this Banner Ad

RICHMOND V GEELONG CATS, AFL Rd 20, 2018 - 3/8 19:50 AEST - Squiggle says Richmond 73%

Remove this Banner Ad

Back