RICHMOND V GEELONG CATS, AFL Rd 20, 2018 - 3/8 19:50 AEST - Squiggle says Richmond 73%

Remove this Banner Ad

I was there and from memory it was a bloke in a collingwood jumper that was the instigator.

:rolleyes:
Maybe a different fight, spoke to the cops on the job- and my mates...
( Not doubting you BTW matey - I think I saw the instance you refer to in the media as well...and the Pies certaintly have their shared of d*ckhead supporters....BTW were you with the cheersquad that day? - did you speak to the police? - conact Corio police if you were a witness)

Again, I don't give a shit about whose clubs supporters - I am not the one trying to say Richmond supporters are better or worse than Geelong supporters .
FYI I saw those idiot Pies supporters, all nicely suited up, and pissed that fought in the corporate area at a game recently. Probably the biggest d*ckheads I have seen TBH.
Not trying to play the innocent or claim the high moral ground here. As I say, every club has its idiots that take things too far.
It just seems to be becoming more prevalent this season, perhaps I have been oblivious to it in the past. Disappointing.
That's why it has even been a talking point with the AFL and the media this year.
I have also been as a neutral to 5 games this year (not involving my club) and in 3 of those games fights have broken out inside or outside the ground or the surrounds. Mostly scuffles..but still.
Two fights at Collingwood games I have been to....that I have seen...there may have been more of course.
Fanning the flames on social media doesn't help.
It's getting bad. It has got to stop - before these minority of idiots from ALL CLUBS affect the way we are able to spectate at the footy.

Peace, love and mung beans baby:):thumbsu:

Last edited:
See, now you are trying to goad me too!
What a laugh - pathetic..:D
It's only a game...yes...really!o_O

Sticks and stones...

Oh..and as a Collingwood supporter who has witnessed several losing GF in the years of the dreaded "Colliwobbles", I think I may have seen a few more bitter supporters than you describe.;)

Your supporters are worse than mine...No yours are worse than mine...you live in a fantasy world...Richmond supporters aren't bad sports oh but Geelong supporters are the the most bitter losers....:rolleyes: Seriously - listen to yourself....do you ever read what you write?....how childish

This is the sort of commentary that you start to hear more and more at games these days - right before a few boozed up, ill tempered or immature idiots take it too far and start fighting and resorting to violence.

Seriously if this is what you write and this is how you respond...please stay home.
It is this sort of immature juvenile tribalism, and those dumb individuals that goad opposition cheersquads and their hardcore supporters that has started to become more and more prevalent from supporters of ALL clubs - and no, I am not restricting it to one side - that's your hangup not mine....(putting words in my mouth again).

My friends daughter was traumatised recently at a game by fighting in the crowd - (and before you jump in -not Richmond, Collingwood or Geelong BTW) not fantasy matey. She is reluctant to go to the footy now.

There was even ridiculous talk recently of segregation of supporters at games or having fenced off zones at the ground where only one supporter group can sit.
Please. Think. Do you really want to see the AFL go down that path?
Your attitude is poor - I hope you're not being serious.
So I have a poor attitude because I comment on how disgusting it is that children feel or be threatened at the footy, or that people be spat on etc. then you say that your friends child has been traumatised.
Your irrational hatred of Richmond and Richmond supporters has caused you to argue yourself into a knot.
In any case, you'll be very pleased when I tell you that was indeed my last live game for this year, including finals, as my own child is unwell and going into hospital and then will be recovering from a major operation for a couple of months. The trip to the Geelong game was a special treat for her before a very challenging time in her life starts. So that's one less Richmond family at the footy, cheering their team that seems to get you and so many Geelong supporters so fired up.
Just to be clear, I have never gotten into a physical altercation at the footy, although I was threatened once when I sat with my wife and kids near the Port Cheer squad. In fact there's only one time ever that I can remember that I've gotten into a verbal argument at the footy, and that was with another Richmond supporter who I considered was behaving badly to children.
So take your double standards and withering personal insults and shove it.

So I have a poor attitude because I comment on how disgusting it is that children feel or be threatened at the footy, or that people be spat on etc. then you say that your friends child has been traumatised.
Your irrational hatred of Richmond and Richmond supporters has caused you to argue yourself into a knot.
In any case, you'll be very pleased when I tell you that was indeed my last live game for this year, including finals, as my own child is unwell and going into hospital and then will be recovering from a major operation for a couple of months. The trip to the Geelong game was a special treat for her before a very challenging time in her life starts. So that's one less Richmond family at the footy, cheering their team that seems to get you and so many Geelong supporters so fired up.
Just to be clear, I have never gotten into a physical altercation at the footy, although I was threatened once when I sat with my wife and kids near the Port Cheer squad. In fact there's only one time ever that I can remember that I've gotten into a verbal argument at the footy, and that was with another Richmond supporter who I considered was behaving badly to children.
So take your double standards and withering personal insults and shove it.

Sorry to hear about your child - hope everything works out okay (Bit nasty to imply that anyone would be pleased with that BTW)

Yeah, my irrational hatred of Richmond led me and my mates to tin rattling for your club during the "Save Our Skins" campaign and purchasing two memberships.:rolleyes: (thats not to say I don't have a 'rational hatred' of Richmond especially after 1980;))

Irrational hatred? Just look at some of your finest work this evening. (Irrational hatred or rash generalisation of Geelong supporters?o_O)
Tarnishing the many because of the actions of a few?

I am glad to hear that you have never been involved in a physical altercation at the footy.
Neither have I, came close when having to have some idiot supporters of my own club ejected from a game for teasing my disabled niece.

Just thought some of your comments and vitriol were over the top. Chill.
All clubs have idiots, mine, yours, Geelongs ALL CLUBS.
I am sure everyone has a story where they felt ill at ease or threatened at some game they have attended. Mine were at Moorabbin & Windy Hill BTW - but I don't label Bomber or Saint supporters as being any better or worse than any other club.
(I still have nightmares about the "granny squad ladies" on the wing at Moorabbin:))
Just lose a bit the agro please.
Genuinely concerned about some of the behaviour I have seen at games this year (and some comment in social media- I am no innocent either in this regard either BTW.)

Take it easy.
Best of luck to the Tigers:thumbsu:

jeez you Geelong supporters are the biggest pack of wingers ever. Like in the entire history of Australian sport.
I've never in my life experienced such poor losers after your qualifying finals loss. Then when Richmond fans dare celebrate their clubs victories, you get even more salty. It's just pathetic. You're pathetic. So pea hearted. No wonder we tease you and stir you precious pack of entitled softies.

Can you name a supporter base that has been more winey and entitled than Geelong supporters after their Qualifying final loss? Then you project your saltiness onto Richmond supporters who have been nothing but gracious in inviting one and all aboard the train.
It's like you expect and demand that the AFL deliver your club success without your club having to work for it and earn it (maybe you're subconsciously admitting that's what happened previously with Dank and Robinson delivering your club premierships). Just because your parents have obviously bought you up to believe that you are entitled and that the world owes you, doesn't make it so. Stop blaming Richmond supporters because you're soft and spoiled and feel entitled.

Yeah. Didn't think you could.
You guys are infamous Australia wide. Before heading over to Vic for the game Crows and Port supporters were warning me about Geelong supporters. I would have thought they'd barely be aware of Geelong's existence, but there were stories of people being spat on at Kardinia Park. Children being threatened and cars being vandalised. Then when Geelong gets booed at the MCG by Richmond supporters, you lot completely fall to pieces in an orgy of bad sportsmanship and poor losing.
I reminded them that the game is at the G and that Geelong supporters don't tend to threaten little children unless they vastly outnumber their opposition. You lot are very brave that way.

Your obsession with and loathing of me is noted :thumbsu:

Last edited:

Sorry to hear about your child - hope everything works out okay (Bit nasty to imply that anyone would be pleased with that BTW)

Yeah, my irrational hatred of Richmond led me and my mates to tin rattling for your club during the "Save Our Skins" campaign and purchasing two memberships.:rolleyes: (thats not to say I don't have a 'rational hatred' of Richmond especially after 1980;))

Irrational hatred? Just look at some of your finest work this evening. (Irrational hatred or rash generalisation of Geelong supporters?o_O)
Tarnishing the many because of the actions of a few?

I am glad to hear that you have never been involved in a physical altercation at the footy.
Neither have I, came close when having to have some idiot supporters of my own club ejected from a game for teasing my disabled niece.

Just thought some of your comments and vitriol were over the top. Chill.
All clubs have idiots, mine, yours, Geelongs ALL CLUBS.
I am sure everyone has a story where they felt ill at ease or threatened at some game they have attended. Mine were at Moorabbin & Windy Hill BTW - but I don't label Bomber or Saint supporters as being any better or worse than any other club.
(I still have nightmares about the "granny squad ladies" on the wing at Moorabbin:))
Just lose a bit the agro please.
Genuinely concerned about some of the behaviour I have seen at games this year (and some comment in social media- I am no innocent either in this regard either BTW.)

Take it easy.
Best of luck to the Tigers:thumbsu:
Thanks for some of those sentiments.
You quote my posts, but go read this thread and others and you'll find dozens upon dozens of similar posts by Geelong supporters and so called 'neutrals'. They don't seem to have concerned you.
If they give it, they should be able to take it. It's a double standard for you to say that it's fine for supporters of other clubs to accuse Richmond supporters of being the worst winners ever, underserving premiers etc. etc. etc., then when a Tiger supporter respond, you get all offended.

These game day threads have become a giant winge fest about the supposedly Richmond supporting umpires (even though we have the worst free kick differential since records were kept) and how bad Richmond supporters are. It's quite reasonable to defend my club and fellow supporters and to respond to obvious trolls with a bit of shit stirring of my own. In fact it's fun to raise their ire and live rent free in their heads. The fact that that offends you so, just shows that you are perhaps also one of these salty poor losers who lacks the self awareness to see the irony of your posts.

Anyway, best of luck to the Pies. A final between our clubs would be awesome.

Cheers Grin.
"A final between our clubs would be awesome" - but sadly, I think we're cooked.
I dont know what would be worse - another "honorable loss" as some of those insincere taunting Tigers have labeled it, OR a shellacking of 1980 GF proportions.:(

Remove this Banner Ad

RICHMOND V GEELONG CATS, AFL Rd 20, 2018 - 3/8 19:50 AEST - Squiggle says Richmond 73%

Remove this Banner Ad

Back