Autopsy 76 point Team Effort win vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Team need to learn there's a time to go down the line and a time to go down the middle. Errol pushed it a bit and so did some others.

I’m happy to live with a few turnovers it’s better than bombing it in endlessly. Errol gets it right more than he doesn’t

The AFL site has highlighted Lewis Melican & I am with them. He has been wonderful & today he was almost BOG.

Well that was an enjoyable day at the footy.

Lovely sunny day, significant contingent of Swans fans and a % boosting win.

Good to see McCartin clunking marks. Love the twin towers down back.
Just give my yearly pat on the back to Lloyd. Don't doubt the courage of any of our players, but Jake not the biggest of blokes yet game in and game out stands under the ball, takes the mark and never a backward look or flinch.

Heeney not good enough, just the 21 disposals and 3 goals, huge drop off from his normal 26 disposals. (stern look)

Happier when Florent, Roberts or Lloyd take our kicks out.
Love to see Blakey as first receiver when he can run or pinpoint passes, where if they don't work there is less 'danger' for the team for a rebound score.

And one rather more serious brickbat.
Papley needs to take the first handball option.
Too often he holds off and puts himself under pressure or runs into trouble with a panic handball or holding the ball.

Cunningham, Florent, Fox, Hayward, McDonald, Melican all out of contract at the end of 2024.
Obviously the re-signing of players needs to be prioritised, but I'd be more than happy if all 6 were still running around in our colours next year (and even better if they did so having won a 2023 Premiership medallion). :)

Hawthorn compete all game, they just do dumb things, so pressure was up (no not saying it is like playing GWS)

Heeney class shone again

Florent was important, as was Melican down back, especially when Hawks were inside their 50 a lot in the second, Melican led the defence,

Rowbottom was great early, Warner defensive work was pleasing.

Really every player had a patch, Gulden , Jmac, even guys who were arguably down a little- Grundy (still rucked well) Adams some nice moments, Fox defended well.

I thought the tall forwards all competed hard, maybe Amartey did fade late,

Even considering his limited Opportunity Campell looked ok
James Jordan too. He was super.
hard to be critical, Blakey disposal early was ordinary, the inside 50s were lousy at times and still had patches of globetrotter style stuff.

Seemed a real directive if the corridor is clogged we will hold up and switch, even switch back and forth to create overlap, which is good.

Too many memories of Hawthorn shitting on us not to enjoy beating them well
James Jordan as well. He was super

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we bomb Dwayne's feed with the fact its the Sydney Derby not Battle of the Bridge.
Fox have always called it the Battle of the Bridge, they coined it and won't change... Drives me nuts, but nothing can be done...

Only small things and we only get tiny clips of vision, but I noticed a couple of things today with how the rest of the team are acting towards Wicks and it wasn't good.

I don't really care what the issue was to create the issue, but if he is going to be in the team then there needs to be a bit of leadership. Even if it comes from the coaches just going over to him during breaks.

Just watching him stand there on the outside on his own while all the players were mingling together at the end of the game was a bit average.

thought wicks was terrific today
wasn't paying close attention to reactions but he's back in the team and playing an important role, i really don't think it's an issue anymore

Pretty tough to criticise that. Accuracy in front of goal would have helped the % but that's about it

An outstanding game by the entire club today. Tough week at the selection table for a massive game ahead

He is growing in confidence every week

This GWS game is a massive test for the three talls. I feel like I know Mclean will do his role,,second ruck helps.

Not as sure what I get from Amartey and Mcdonald

geez, what about mcdonald's quick reaction and slick hands to set up hayward goal
he also tackled and applied pressure
no concern at all about mcdonald

JJ is the Ryan Clarke and Dylan Stephens we wanted. In one unit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back