Unofficial Preview ****ing hawthorn again

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot we play those ******s again

They are going to be mega salty and looking for retribution. If we get over the Hawks and Suns it will be our season defining game on the road.

In no way are we going to make finals, but beat the media's darling side at the G and we get some serious looks over shoulders as to what might be coming.

The Hawks looked dysfunctional last weekend and I can't see how they're going to turn that around in just a week. The only thing that will stop us from getting a win is if we switch off and allow them to play possession football. With the pressure on the ball-carrier that we've put on in the last month or so is kept up at that standard, we should see a strong win. But the week of rain is going to turn it into a slog.

Swans 10.12 - 72
Hawks 9.5 - 59

Looking less and less likely as a moist week leading into the game.

I'd be shocked if it rains before gametime now.
Rain has backended into the weekend .

Maybe a wee bit of dew mind you..........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the last time we beat Hawthorn at the SCG was when Lewis Jetta finally broke his 19 behinds streak.

Come on lads, give them a f**king good kicking

The Hawks looked dysfunctional last weekend and I can't see how they're going to turn that around in just a week. The only thing that will stop us from getting a win is if we switch off and allow them to play possession football. With the pressure on the ball-carrier that we've put on in the last month or so is kept up at that standard, we should see a strong win. But the week of rain is going to turn it into a slog.

Swans 10.12 - 72
Hawks 9.5 - 59
Did they looked dysfunctional because they were coming off the bye? We have a history of looking dysfunctional when we come back from the bye!

The Hawks have one of the oldest teams in the comp and have been stacking themselves with proven talent in trades recently (Scully, Wingard, O'Meara, Mitchell). Despite all that they are only 1 win ahead of us so should be pretty disappointed with how they are going. We really need to be at our best despite how the Hawks looked against the Dons

Nothing to do with defensive mentality. Giants use DeBoer to great effect and still look to score. Problem with our midfield is that our ruck is well beaten most weeks.

Correct, our ruck is well beaten most weeks, but my point is more that our midfield has more talent than we even know, especially because one of them has been tagging most of his career to this point. If Clarke got injured, would Horse really have the gall to use Hewett as a tagger again, despite him proving himself our best pure ball-winner this year? Methinks so. Tell me how that scenario would be productive and not a total waste?

Again I ask though, regardless of where you stand on tagging, who comes out of our midfield to fit Kennedy & Jones in? Hewett, Parker, Heeney, Florent and Dawson are untouchable atm, which leaves Clarke and Rose. Why that is such a controversial prospect to some on this board, I don’t know.

Where did I say it excused Clarke's disposal ? What I was saying people have short ******* memories when it comes to potting players for the very same reasons fan favourites get no flack what so ever for. Fwiw Clarke should be sent packing if you have the likes of Kennedy,Jones or Hayward all available. Having said that at least he can find the ball and works hard off it defending. In what is going to be a year where Finals are not a priority now what is the harm in persisting with him if his effort is there to see if improvement in his composure comes as the year goes on ? His Foot skills don't look technical to me they looked hurried and nervous. Look at Rowbottoms kicking technique for example and there is a flaw.

You’re missing one big point though which is that at no point was Hanners ever excused for his disposal in his last two seasons. Most could tell his body was ****** and many on here, myself included, said he shouldn’t have been playing.

This. He was excellent vs the Eagles. It may prove to be an anomaly, sure. But the week after a great game seems an odd time to start potting a player.
Dunno about you, but I've been potting him all season.
He was on Gaff, who didn't have a blinder but was still one of their better players. He is an average tagger at best.
As an AFL footballer, he makes a very good whipping boy.

This. He was excellent vs the Eagles. It may prove to be an anomaly, sure. But the week after a great game seems an odd time to start potting a player.

Excellent is a massive stretch

He's a long way off the old Burgoyne this year. Never seen him caught with the ball so much.

Sad, he's still a champ. Do you think he will break Adam Goodes' games record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back