RICHMOND V GEELONG CATS, AFL Rd 20, 2018 - 3/8 19:50 AEST - Squiggle says Richmond 73%

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers will not be taking anything easy. Taking your foot of the pedal is the worst thing you could do as a team. Its 100% or nothing and no excuses. Yeah we have some grunt out. Others will have to lift.

Well he's ahead of Menadue by a long shot, but I'd rather Broad in than Houli in this current lineup.
That said, he's a less important out than Graham and Prestia for me as well.
We'll be lacking some grunt in the middle tonight.

Could go either way this one for me.
Both teams have some good players on the sidelines.

He's only playing half a game in the VFL to ease him back from injury. If you honestly believe the player that so many think should have won the NS isn't a better option fully fit than a fringe player like Menadue then....

Houli would be ahead of some that are in the team (Menadue for example).

Also, he's playing VFL this week because he's only expected to play 'limited minutes' ....You don't select a guy for AFL when you only think he can run out half the game.

Boys! I was merely being playful with Sterge.
Play on.

Should be a ripper .

Cats best chance to knock off the Tigs tonight .

Think they win a close one tonight but then will drop an expected game coming home

Prestia Conca Graham Houli out of the middle with Martin down on form and Cotch hasn't had a big game for a while. In a team that relies so much on everyone playing their part and every cog working taking any cog out threatens to bring the whole thing unstuck.

We already get killed in clearances and the first 3 mentioned are our in and under grunt players, if the cats big 3 get a run on and start hitting up a white hot Hawkins they are every chance to win.

Also Broad might not seem like much but part of our success is the back 6 work so well together and when you take one of them out and replace him with a struggling mennadue the cats can definitely cause us issues.
Conca and Graham are potatoes. Broad is another role player who is protected by the best defence in the game. Another potato. Butler, another role player who is easily covered and has been the last 3 or so weeks he's been missing. Those players besides Houli and Prestia are nothing more than plodders who play their role well and are easily covered, so please don't use pre game excuses as a reason to hide behind your fear of losing this game. Geelong have a potential AA in Stewart missing, our second ruckman and key forward in Ratugolea not playing, Stanley a likely late out, Cockatoo and McCarthy, our best two small forwards also out, and also Harry Taylor not playing. I'd say our outs are more significant. We're also fielding a debutant and are playing 7 players with under 30 games experience. Cut the crap. Every team in the league has injuries, Richmond less so than most others over the course of the season.

You blokes have become that accustomed to winning that you've become fearful of losing. Having a major dislike for Geelong has seen the excuse come out in full force. No excuses here. Good luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus a couple of c graders get injured and all the tigers fans are going on about their outs. I doubt a team has ever had a year as lucky with injury as Richmond this year. Not just with missing very few players but having every potential competitor absolutely brutalized with mass injuries.
It happens though. When you win a flag suddenly every player in your side becomes a star.

Conca and Graham are potatoes. Broad is another role player who is protected by the best defence in the game. Another potato. Butler, another role player who is easily covered and has been the last 3 or so weeks he's been missing. Those players besides Houli and Prestia are nothing more than plodders who play their role well and are easily covered, so please don't use pre game excuses as a reason to hide behind your fear of losing this game. Geelong have a potential AA in Stewart missing, our second ruckman and key forward in Ratugolea not playing, Stanley a likely late out, Cockatoo and McCarthy, our best two small forwards also out, and also Harry Taylor not playing. I'd say our outs are more significant. We're also fielding a debutant and are playing 7 players with under 30 games experience. Cut the crap. Every team in the league has injuries, Richmond less so than most others over the course of the season.

You blokes have become that accustomed to winning that you've become fearful of losing. Having a major dislike for Geelong has seen the excuse come out in full force. No excuses here. Good luck.
The irony of calling Conca, Graham and Broad potatoes, and not rating Butler as a small forward, but then listing key outs as Ratugolea, Cockatoo and McCarthy.
Although I don't rate Conca, he was important earlier in the year and playing well.

It happens though. When you win a flag suddenly every player in your side becomes a star.

Thankfully we've got you to remind us that we won a flag with no decent players.

We have 4 or 5 fringe players they just aren't up to it and some of our mids don't contest as hard/often as they should.

Tigers more even across the board and contest everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

RICHMOND V GEELONG CATS, AFL Rd 20, 2018 - 3/8 19:50 AEST - Squiggle says Richmond 73%

Remove this Banner Ad

Back