Autopsy Swans got the job done winning against roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom has a match harder role

Takes the best every week

Paddy plays aliir role

yep agree

Tom is better than melican ever dreamed of being too

How can I come away from a win and be unhappy? Well I am. I thought we played a lot of too fancy footy. Totally dollied around with the ball on too many occasions. Too many cute kicks that were turned over. Too many cute touches in the clearances that were ditto

Tom McCartin was woeful today. He needs to have a good hard look at his game. Even Goldstien ran him down. He was in lala bloody land. We need him to be far better than this in finals. Oh, John Longmire they wanted you to put Rampe on Larkey. Rampe is shite on Larkey.

As much as we won and it might give us 3rd, it was not an inspiring performance. Great preasure by both sides. But too many passes while ịn open space went to opponents. What's with players trying to break tackles instead of giving off to a better option? Our players first instinct was to break tackles instead of using the running player. I have been frustrated by Dane Rampe doing this for about 3 years. He seldom gets away any more. McInerney, Florent, Lloyd all try it every time.

Happy with the win. Not impressred with the execution.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Just got back from the match
Look, I really think it was a poor show by the Swans. As you say, happy with the win, but was expecting that we should have won more convincingly.
Insofar as McCartin is concerned, Larkey got three free kicks that resulted in goals and kicked straight if I recall correctly. On any other day, he gets maybe one of those dodgy frees and kicks 3.2 for the day. Not the end of the world, I have seen McCartin play better though.

I'm a little worried about McInerney. He is still best 22 which is part of the problem. He has the potential to be top 3 in our side, but is sitting at about 20th, and I feel that he may either need to be rested, or played in reserves to have some confidence.

If he finds some form, I think that we become the favourites for the premiership. The fact that he is performing so far under his best and we are playing our best footy is really pleasing. Finding another top-level contributor to the side would be MASSIVE at this time of year,

Good but not great win. Need every percentage point we can get. Everyone talks about winning the last 2 games - yep I agree, would be ideal, but contingency if we drop 1 is that we need more % points to stay ahead of Melbourne & Brisbane.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst means we should not have subbed off so many players at the end of the game to leak goals.

Would be so disappointing to end season on equal 4th points (as last year) but be 5th on percentage...

Not that it was a particularly bad miss, but that Stephens behind in the last really felt like it stopped the dam from bursting. Just seemed to go inti our shells a bit after that.

Still, it must be hard to attack the contest at 100% when the game’s done and you’ve got a must-win top 4 game and then finals looming.

Wait... you don't think McInerney's a gun? :eek:
He's not a gun... no think about it!

He's a good player, with a heap of potential... who has not put it together consistently enough to be called a gun.

In my opinion...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not a gun... no think about it!

He's a good player, with a heap of potential... who has not put it together consistently enough to be called a gun.

In my opinion...
Tricky business because gun is relative. I think he is a gun for his age. Obviously in the context of the whole AFL, he's got a long way to go. Hell, his place in the side alone surely has to be at risk.

So I am going with 'young gun'! He would be in my top 5 Swans youngsters behind Blakey, Rowbottom, Warner & Gulden, which ain't bad goin'!

Talk about tough crowd. Won by six goals, added a percentage point, no injuries, all on track for a top four finish.

North came at us hard. Their coaches would've been reminding them all week they nearly won last time, plus they're playing in front of '96 premiership reunion.

For whatever reasons some teams like Essendon, Port, North at various time really lift against us, while we save our best for the top teams. We're 4-2 against other top eight sides, every chance to make it 5-2 next week.

Wining is wining

Got it done that’s all needed to be done tofay

Thought hicky was better today

Mccartin worst game I seen him play , flogged

Warner’s speed and kicking on the run is elite already

Worrying that we conceded goals from centre bounce and 13 goals from the bottom side
Overall though wining is wining
That was the real concern to me. We really need to work on not allowing the opposition to walk the ball out of the centre as easily as North did today.

Tricky business because gun is relative. I think he is a gun for his age. Obviously in the context of the whole AFL, he's got a long way to go. Hell, his place in the side alone surely has to be at risk.

So I am going with 'young gun'! He would be in my top 5 Swans youngsters behind Blakey, Rowbottom, Warner & Gulden, which ain't bad goin'!
Lol! Warner's a young gun... in his second season at AFL level, consistently an asset to to the team, plays his role and improving his game with every outing. He's in good company now stat-wise, the difference is the other two have been there for years, and Warner has been there for months... To be a gun, he'll need to keep it up for the next few years and remain ahead of the pack. Plenty have had the potential, but not the stamina and tenacity... I do think Warner has it but it's too soon to call.

Compared with Warner's ability to play his role, Juzzy is not even close! He's still just a good player with a stack of potential.

Doesn't mean you're wrong... just means we see it differently.

Lol! Warner's a young gun... in his second season at AFL level, consistently an asset to to the team, plays his role and improving his game with every outing. He's in good company now stat-wise, the difference is the other two have been their for years, and Warner has been there for months... To be a gun, he'll need to keep it up for the next few years and remain ahead of the pack. Plenty have had the potential, but not the stamina and tenacity... I do think Warner has it but it's too soon to call.

Compared with Warner's ability to play his role, Juzzy is not even close! He's still just a good player with a stack of potential.

Doesn't mean you're wrong... just means we see it differently.
We do see it differently it seems. I think you are forgetting how good McInerney was last year, also in his second season at AFL level. He was doing what Warner is doing this year. Changing momentum and breaking games open with his play. I suppose that is the difference. I don't rate our kids based on how they stack up to the rest of the competition, I rate them on what they do for us. McInerney's done a lot for us, if not so much this year, so therefore he's a young gun in my eyes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans got the job done winning against roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back