Autopsy Swans got the job done winning against roos

Remove this Banner Ad

McInenery - 20 disposals, 3 intercepts, 1 turnover, 7 score involvements, 208m gained (fair enough bit low)75% DE... Is this.classed.a bad game?

Stats are like a bikini - they might appear to reveal a lot but in reality they tend to hide the important bits.

He had some shocking disposals where he either took too long to get rid of it OR kicked / handballed to a players feet / disadvantage / player under pressure. This was evident at the ground where he had 2, 3 or 4 options available and on occasions took the worst one.

If he was a levelling instrument he would be way overdue for a re-calibration.

Last edited:
We do see it differently it seems. I think you are forgetting how good McInerney was last year, also in his second season at AFL level. He was doing what Warner is doing this year. Changing momentum and breaking games open with his play. I suppose that is the difference. I don't rate our kids based on how they stack up to the rest of the competition, I rate them on what they do for us. McInerney's done a lot for us, if not so much this year, so therefore he's a young gun in my eyes.
The whole point is being good last year and then being pretty average for most of this year doesn't qualify for gun status for kirkswan. That's the whole point she is making.

Last edited:

That game will do Sydney the world of good

North played their highest pressure game for the season and in the first half had the rub of the bounce and couldn't miss kicking for goal.
Sydney was ready for them, and we have a history of not being mentally ready for the lower ranked teams. It's not so easy to prepare to play your best and hardest against the bottom of the ladder team.

That was Sydney's highest score of the year. Given there was a decent number of goals squandered and the intense pressure from North, I don't see too much wrong with Sydney's performance.

The test is next week against Collingwood

Whilst I can live with poor defence today our goal kicking was horrendous and needs to significantly improve and killed our percentage which could be the difference between playing Melbourne at SCG or MCG or even coming 5th

We do see it differently it seems. I think you are forgetting how good McInerney was last year, also in his second season at AFL level. He was doing what Warner is doing this year. Changing momentum and breaking games open with his play. I suppose that is the difference. I don't rate our kids based on how they stack up to the rest of the competition, I rate them on what they do for us. McInerney's done a lot for us, if not so much this year, so therefore he's a young gun in my eyes.
He was outstanding last year and was becoming our next a grader

Dawson also helped his game

The whole point is being good lasuer and then being pretty averr for most of this year doesn't qualify for gun status for kirkswan. That's the whole point she is making.
I don't see the logic. So McInerney's 2021 year as a gun is less valid than Warner's 2022 year as a gun?

Make it make sense!

Talk about tough crowd. Won by six goals, added a percentage point, no injuries, all on track for a top four finish.

North came at us hard. Their coaches would've been reminding them all week they nearly won last time, plus they're playing in front of '96 premiership reunion.

For whatever reasons some teams like Essendon, Port, North at various time really lift against us, while we save our best for the top teams. We're 4-2 against other top eight sides, every chance to make it 5-2 next week.
People on here seem to be forgetting that, although before today we’d won our last 5 against the Kangas, the biggest margin had been 14 points.

Regardless of how crap their ladder position is, they always seem to turn it on against us.

I liked the comment from Leigh Adams (North coach) about how he thought we were really predictable for each other. I don't know what he's like as a coach but I do know if any senior coach is acknowledging that about your team then it shows you're clicking.

People on here seem to be forgetting that, although before today we’d won our last 5 against the Kangas, the biggest margin had been 14 points.

Regardless of how crap their ladder position is, they always seem to turn it on against us.
Would love to know how many votes Cunnington would get in those games. Strong inside mids tend to be a weakness in recent years

I know the stats are wanky these days, but we got high praise for the record pressure level recently

Norths they mentioned in the call today was right up, they did actually make life tough for us, played better than 18th imo

I also , maybe blindly, back us to lift intensity and control in the middle for a big game next week,we also seem to be controlling tempo at the scg.

I know the stats are wanky these days, but we got high praise for the record pressure level recently

Norths they mentioned in the call today was right up, they did actually make life tough for us, played better than 18th imo

I also , maybe blindly, back us to lift intensity and control in the middle for a big game next week,we also seem to be controlling tempo at the scg.
Was probably their best or 2nd best game of the year

The lads seem to be putting in a lot of work on controlling the tempo at home. Let's hope they get it right next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked the comment from Leigh Adams (North coach) about how he thought we were really predictable for each other. I don't know what he's like as a coach but I do know if any senior coach is acknowledging that about your team then it shows you're clicking.
Liked listening to Adams. Reckon he'd be a top notch assistant. Also really liked what he had to say about some kick-ins that went wrong "If they were wrong options we'll talk about what would have been better options but if it was execution we'll encourage them to keep having a go because it opens up attacking lanes for us". Very thoughtful approach and positive.

Before the game: Just win.
After the game: We should have won by more, how shit are we?

Before the game: Margin doesn't matter, you just have to win, look at Collingwood, they're the greatest to have ever played the game, doesn't matter if they keep falling over the line.
After the game: Our margin is shit, margin is all that matters, **** the win, margin should have been bigger.

Solid win. Things to improve. Not the disaster people are making it out to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans got the job done winning against roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back