Autopsy 2021 87 point win against Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Granted I wanted Eagles to make the finals so that we could afford to rest a few players and still comfortably win (Eagles are utter shite, sorry not sorry), but I've never understood the point of worrying about opposition in finals. If you are good enough you will beat whoever is in front of you, and if you are not, you will be exposed and lose at some point in September anyway.

No. I think he knows how we won it, that mark not paid and he'll probably never forgive it either knowing Scott.

lol... true of Scott

I will say though, of all our wins this season, it felt as though that one was a bit of a steal. Geelong missed a lot of gettable shots, and yes, bad goal kicking is bad footy and all that, but if we played that game 10 times, that probably would have been the poorest kicking Geelong would have put in.

I'd still back us to beat them, but it would take a better effort.

We also had poor performances against port & the dees.

My main concern about this team is whether we can turn it on four games in a row against quality opposition. We haven't done that yet this year, but then again, we did a lot of things people wouldn't have expected this season.

Nah Saints deserved that win were much better on the night go back to the first GWS or Hawks loss.
The Freo loss imo hurts us the most. We were the better team that game, should have won it.

But, no point dwelling on the could have and should haves.

Great game today from the boys!

The Freo loss imo hurts us the most. We were the better team that game, should have won it.

But, no point dwelling on the could have and should haves.

Great game today from the boys!

Forget about that game as well! so many what ifs.

I think any other player than Florent would of hit either Heeney or Papley who were loose.

Still can't get over how damn good Hickey has been. If you told me he'd come in in his first year and be a great presence in ruck contests to help out our midfield, I would've been effing stoked with that.

If you told me he'd be doing all the classy, agile things that no lumbering giant should be doing, I would've said no ******* chance. He's just got such great spacial awareness, seems to always know when he needs to move the ball on or when he's under pressure, moves through traffic well, and has great ball handling skills that extend beyond just the tap.

I don't know what sort of career he'll go on to have with us, he's not young after all, but consider 'cult hero' status ACHIEVED!

Still can't get over how damn good Hickey has been. If you told me he'd come in in his first year and be a great presence in ruck contests to help out our midfield, I would've been effing stoked with that.

If you told me he'd be doing all the classy, agile things that no lumbering giant should be doing, I would've said no ******* chance. He's just got such great spacial awareness, seems to always know when he needs to move the ball on or when he's under pressure, moves through traffic well, and has great ball handling skills that extend beyond just the tap.

I don't know what sort of career he'll go on to have with us, he's not young after all, but consider 'cult hero' status ACHIEVED!

All that with a busted PCL playing in the most injury risk position in the game.

Absolutely inspired recruit from the club would be the most deserving Skilton medallist in years

Special mention to Dean Cox his development with Hickey has been incredible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Repeating myself from the Game Day thread..
Dean Cox is a credentialled ruck coach.. And despite being a former Eagle, he has't put a foot wrong in the Swans coaching box.
And guess what, Tom Hickey is a Lion Heart.
To his great credit, and Dean's

All that with a busted PCL playing in the most injury risk position in the game.

Absolutely inspired recruit from the club would be the most deserving Skilton medallist in years

Special mention to Dean Cox his development with Hickey has been incredible.
I wonder how much Cox has needed to do with Hickey. By all accounts Hickey was teaching the youngsters at the Eagles. Whatever, he must be close to the recruit of the Year for the entire AFL.
When we were a bit off in the third term Hickey lifted and we went with him. Kind of a tall skinny JPK.

Great win by the boys, a total domination. Hope Mills is good to go next week. I was one that said we would make the finals and put some cold hard on it. Always thought the games we put into some of the young boys in the last few years would come to fruition.
Finals are a totally different thing, however we are in the mix and if everything goes well I expect we will surprise a few. Going to be a good few weeks.

Perfect pre-finals hitout. Applied enormous pressure, transitioned well, had a big spread of goalkickers.

Dawson, Hickey and Buddy played the kind of game we expect from them. Those aside, I thought the real standout was McLean. He's really gone up a level in recent weeks. Love his aggression and how he's crashing packs.

Only worries are in the midfield. No 11 showed he's a handy pinch hitter in the centre contests. If Mills misses I guess that's Warner's big chance. He may not JPK but he's not going to be overawed by the occasion.

If McLean is the preferred forward option, why couldn't Reid get the job done against the likes of Hawkins or Dixon?

Competes well in the air, is mobile, big body, long arms...

Because we tried him back a few years ago. We had injuries. He is good as a player who goes back as an extra but that doesn't make him a backman. He is an extra. He doesn't have an opponent. When he did go back and had an opponent he held his own first match but the subsequent 2 matches he was taken to the cleaners. He's not a backman. What's more I thought Melican was good.

Would have been a great footy player at any height

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2021 87 point win against Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back