MRP / Trib. 2024 MRP Lotto thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct decision. Far be it for me to take into consideration Webster after what he did to Jy in the pre-season game, but those who have been dismissing it "as just a blood nose", are completely missing the point.

Heeney fended him off without looking where his arm was going, hit him in the head and caused what could have been a serious injury and maybe even concussed him.

Some people in football just don't seem to get the gravity of the situation when it comes to concussion. Just today it has been reported that Josh Carmichael from the Pies, has retired through ongoing concussion symptoms and Brad Sheppard from the Eagles is suing them, the AFL and two of the Eagles doctors for "medical negligence".

Being belted in the nose is no laughing matter whoever you are. It quite often leads to a broken nose, which may heal misaligned and even require surgery to properly repair, either at the time or later in life. A broken nose can sometimes lead to ongoing breathing difficulties.

I'm quite impressed that the suspension has remained in place through three separate processes, which for me is a big tick to the AFL. Did I actually just type that???? o_O

It seems Heeney not that good of a bloke lol

I was watching the game on TV at the time and I was quite shocked to see the incident and Heeney then just run away, mark and goal, without any sanction from the umpires. It left a sour taste in my mouth at least, his actions during and after the incident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously WTF is this? A video to thank the club and fans for their support during this ordeal they must be joking.

“It’s pretty shattering to be honest”… right like how you seemingly shattered Websters nose? 😂
Honestly before this week I was lukewarm on Swans winning the flag didn’t really care. After this week I REALLY don’t want them to win it. A bunch of arrogant ****ing crybabies.

Gives the umpires 7 more rounds to ensure Bont or daicos win it now.

Watch heeney be around the mark then get absolutely **** all votes post this round
When this happens they'll need to get Peter Jackson in to film the sequel.

MRP / Trib. 2024 MRP Lotto thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back