Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 7, last 24th June)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • No

Votes: 104 89.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably nothing in it - but in the full version of that Dawson interview, the interviewer mentioned Balme and Daws said he doesnt think we need external people to come in and help. Passing on the club message? Its the very final question.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

First of all, thanks for sharing the full video.

There's a fair bit in that to take in, a lot more than the Channel 7 snippets in the news. Like I mentioned back with VB's interview when Dowling was first mentioned a few months ago, a fair bit to dissect.

It seems this was a rehearsed, in-house video (with Shutts doing the questions?) and the first minute was by-the-book, damage minimizing excuses, the crap that we've all heard before:

A number losses by small margins
Not where we want to be (x2)
Young Group (x2)
Trying to improve, blah, blah, blah

At about 1.20 in when he was saying we were not giving games to guys who didn't deserve it by consistently playing a high level in the SANFL, I was about ready to reach for the vomit bag...

But then he switched to it goes both ways, and seeing young guys come through like Billy Dowling, we've seen some youth come through... "it doesn't bother me who's in the team as long as they are willing to play their role", which was a big positive.

What followed was an emphasis on team defence, set the ground up (the now unspoken "shape"?), and playing their role from about 3.40 (oh, dear)

We get to 6.00 and he sees his role as a defensive midfielder, and setting up other guys. Um... okay. If it's Rankine or Rachelle delivering the ball to our forwards, that's fine. But they are the only other guys in our squad with better skills to deliver the ball to our forwards... and they are rarely there for him to give the ball to. When fit (and from what he described from his turf toe/cartilage and fluid damage to his foot, he hasn't been for weeks) he's one of our best users of the ball. He should be one of the guys with elite skills hitting up our forwards, not one of the grunts.

By the 7 min mark he's talking about his regular talks with Tim (Silvers), Kelly and Nicks. I get the distinct feeling there may not be a mutiny from the player group like there was with Sando. Then the "personally I don't think we need any external people to come and help in that space"... when we are currently 4-9-1, seven years out of the finals, and five years into an (alleged) rebuild? (sigh)

That's my take anyway.

First of all, thanks for sharing the full video.

There's a fair bit in that to take in, a lot more than the Channel 7 snippets in the news. Like I mentioned back with VB's interview when Dowling was first mentioned a few months ago, a fair bit to dissect.

It seems this was a rehearsed, in-house video (with Shutts doing the questions?) and the first minute was by-the-book, damage minimizing excuses, the crap that we've all heard before:

A number losses by small margins
Not where we want to be (x2)
Young Group (x2)
Trying to improve, blah, blah, blah

At about 1.20 in when he was saying we were not giving games to guys who didn't deserve it by consistently playing a high level in the SANFL, I was about ready to reach for the vomit bag...

But then he switched to it goes both ways, and seeing young guys come through like Billy Dowling, we've seen some youth come through... "it doesn't bother me who's in the team as long as they are willing to play their role", which was a big positive.

What followed was an emphasis on team defence, set the ground up (the now unspoken "shape"?), and playing their role from about 3.40 (oh, dear)

We get to 6.00 and he sees his role as a defensive midfielder, and setting up other guys. Um... okay. If it's Rankine or Rachelle delivering the ball to our forwards, that's fine. But they are the only other guys in our squad with better skills to deliver the ball to our forwards... and they are rarely there for him to give the ball to. When fit (and from what he described from his turf toe/cartilage and fluid damage to his foot, he hasn't been for weeks) he's one of our best users of the ball. He should be one of the guys with elite skills hitting up our forwards, not one of the grunts.

By the 7 min mark he's talking about his regular talks with Tim (Silvers), Kelly and Nicks. I get the distinct feeling there may not be a mutiny from the player group like there was with Sando. Then the "personally I don't think we need any external people to come and help in that space"... when we are currently 4-9-1, seven years out of the finals, and five years into an (alleged) rebuild? (sigh)

That's my take anyway.
I think you’re reading waaaayyyy too much into a player interview, even if it’s the captain. As I said before, they’ll tow the party line until off field change happens, and then they’ll instantly be talking glowingly of the replacements.

Dawson spent a lot of time at Sydney, he knows how good clubs are actually run.

I think you’re reading waaaayyyy too much into a player interview, even if it’s the captain. As I said before, they’ll tow the party line until off field change happens, and then they’ll instantly be talking glowingly of the replacements.

Dawson spent a lot of time at Sydney, he knows how good clubs are actually run.
This is a heavily produced puff piece from the club to quell the unrest, with edited (positive) snippets sent to Ch 7 in advance for their news segments. How could they get any of this wrong? Right? This was also two weeks in the making, during the bye.

They better win tomorrow night. This crap ain't going to release the pressure.

I don't like it without any training. And he's not built physically yet to do it.
So I'm not a fan.

Can he be? I don't know. He hasn't showed it to date in his junior and senior career, so he'd have to learn a lot.

If we have Soligo, Rankine, Dawson, 2024 first pick, Pedlar, Rachele, Edwards, Nankervis all running around the midfield in a couple of years I'd be mindful of not robbing our defence of a potential all Australian defender if we can put together a top 8 midfield as per above.

Most players that tag are average or poor. You don’t use a talented player to tag, that’s stupid. MM is a very good defender who takes intercept marks and makes the play.
We are lucky that in this shit year, where results don’t matter anymore. This will be good for his development and I’m confident it will I’ll make him a better player.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Most players that tag are average or poor. You don’t use a talented player to tag, that’s stupid. MM is a very good defender who takes intercept marks and makes the play.
We are lucky that in this shit year, where results don’t matter anymore. This will be good for his development and I’m confident it will I’ll make him a better player.

In that interview above with Dawson, he described his own role as a midfielder as a tagger! One of the most talented guys in our team in terms of disposal, and he talks about shutting down his guy and farming it to someone else (Laird/Crouch) to bomb to the forward line! You look at this stuff and have to wonder WTF is going on? :eekv1:

Yeah, i thought when Worrell went down Max was going to be the one to take his roll, good for his development, especially with Hamill coming in

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He explained, he received second hand information from past players at the Norwood Premiership Reunion, Balme was in attendance. Also said at this point Balme has not been reached out to.
The fxkn cowards running the current circus at crows headquarters make all the decisions.. do you reckon any of them want someone competent and widely respected like Balme walking in the front door..

No chance.. they’d be instantly exposed.

Its all about them to these selfish fxxkwits.. all about them protecting their interests and continuing to backstroke around in the big pool of gravy they’ve been lucky enough to have fallen into..

Balme would march most of them out the door. They cant have that.

Aww man don't make me hate Daws too.

He is the captain of the club. Of course he is going to say exactly what the club position is

Name a captain ever who has gone against their club publicly?

If that’s a reason to hate him then you have zero idea

How would you go in your job if you publicly bagged your boss company on TV?

He is the captain of the club. Of course he is going to say exactly what the club position is

Name a captain ever who has gone against their club publicly?

If that’s a reason to hate him then you have zero idea

How would you go in your job if you publicly bagged your boss company on TV?

I'd rather he just said nothing to be honest.

The fxkn cowards running the current circus at crows headquarters make all the decisions.. do you reckon any of them want someone competent and widely respected like Balme walking in the front door..

Its all about them to these selfish fxxkwits.. all about them protecting their interests and continuing to backstroke around in the big pool of gravy they’ve been lucky enough to have fallen into..

King Elvis talked about performance not being a main factor at the Crows and Ive been saying it for a while

From the Chairman down through the Board and employees , coaches and players Integrity is non-existent

Selection integrity to decision integrity

'' oops I backed the wrong guy - oh well carry on'' - nobody has any spine to say '' I backed him for 5 years I should go as well ''

Do they think having Nicks for 7 years will make us forget who hired him? Do they think we are morons? Look around this board at long term members pulling the pin , look at people not going to games

Buckets might hate it but we NEED to be Port Adelaide . If he wants to sit in his rocker eating apricot slices then enjoy but we need to be noisy we need to be sending messages on main roads

WE WILL NOT BOO ANYONE TONIGHT

Clap clap . Clap clap clap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly think Roo is the one that would fear he would be challenged the most

King Elvis talked about performance not being a main factor at the Crows and Ive been saying it for a while

From the Chairman down through the Board and employees , coaches and players Integrity is non-existent

'' oops I backed the wrong guy - oh well carry on'' - nobody has any spine to say '' I backed him for 5 years I should go as well ''

Do they think having Nicks for 7 years will make us forget who hired him? Do they think we are morons? Look around this board at long term members pulling the pin , look at people not going to games

Buckets might hate it but we NEED to be Port Adelaide . If he wants to sit in his rocker eating apricot slices then enjoy but we need to be noisy we need to be sending messages on main roads

We sit very close to the Crows coaching box

During the last quarter of the Richmond game someone with a booming voice was yelling

I want a refund on my membership

I might join him tonight if we can be bothered turning up

In that interview above with Dawson, he described his own role as a midfielder as a tagger! One of the most talented guys in our team in terms of disposal, and he talks about shutting down his guy and farming it to someone else (Laird/Crouch) to bomb to the forward line! You look at this stuff and have to wonder WTF is going on? :eekv1:
the flip, did he actually say that about Laird and Crouch?

I'd rather he just said nothing to be honest.
That’s not realistic though, is it? As captain of the club they have a certain number of media commitments needed to be fulfilled every season and the club clearly told him to use one to try calm the supporters down. Do you think he asked Channel 7 to do the interview?

Wrong!!

Played plenty of midfield.

FIRST-ROUND draft prospect Daniel Curtin is looking to Fremantle legend Matthew Pavlich for inspiration as he prepares to begin his eagerly-anticipated AFL career.

Curtin grew up playing as a midfielder but has transformed into an exciting utility courtesy of a growth spurt that boosted his height to a key-position 195cm.

Pavlich, who stood at 192cm, was a six-time All-Australian, dominating as a full-back, goal-kicking midfielder and damaging key forward at different stages across a decorated career.

"I really like having that flexibility to be able to go to a few different positions," Curtin told Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio.

"Junior footy, I played a lot of midfield, but had a bit of a growth spurt around year 11 and turned into more of a key position.
All that versatility and we can’t seem to find a spot for him anywhere at AFL level. We’d rather push Borlase forward, Max into the midfield, and play some very ordinary guys I won’t name here that we all know what they’ve got. Very low ceilings.
Curtin and Taylor should be in this week.

All that versatility and we can’t seem to find a spot for him anywhere at AFL level. We’d rather push Borlase forward, Max into the midfield, and play some very ordinary guys I won’t name here that we all know what they’ve got. Very low ceilings.

Taylor announced as a replacement for jones

"Unsure of role at AFL level" - AFC draft mantra

q as

"We need to be Port Adelaide" - why? Because anything you say on this board will make any difference? I don't think so. And don't call me an apricot slice eating old woman, or I'll call you a petulant, spoilt bed-wetter. But really - 'I want us to lose by 10 goals'? Give me a break. You are worse than Port Supporters.

Wonder if it's worth enquiring about Peter Ladhams? The move to Sydney hasn't worked, McLean is holding down that ruck Forward role well now.

Back